Mapping Fail

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mapping Fail

Some of the ECU's can't be mapped, the tri core technology is the reason for this. None of the diesel Siggys can be done through the OBD2 port. they all need to come out on the bench. Mappers are working on it but VX tech on these is very impressive and extremely difficult to work round.

Get a photobucket account, upload the picture and then post the link.

If you really want more power that badly why not just buy a tuning box? Plenty of the guys on here are using them and getting excellent results. Also has the added benefit that if you need to take the car into the garage for work it can be unplugged?

Comment

There is a risk with a map that they can find it when they put the ECU on a diagnostic machine, both ways have risks but its a fair temp measure until they crack the tri-core?

Comment

Thad Castle, on 17 September 2014 - 01:11 AM, said:There were silicone dabs on the outside of the box. The insides were a real mess, there was black rubber covering the connectors and components on the PCB, and a crappy white gooey mess covering one end. Not cool.Are you saying they removed the white gooey mess?

You do realize that is thermal paste like you put on your computer processor, only in the ECU it transfers the heat to the outer case which gets cooled by atmosphere. If the paste is gone, you may well end up with a cooked ECU and stranded on the side of the road.
        sigpic

Comment

Hmmmm. I wonder who has a tuning box!

Comment

allydfr, on 20 December 2014 - 06:05 AM, said:
            Place close to where i live in NI said they can map mine via the obd and have done other insignias this way??

Not sure how they will do that, every single tuner I have spoken too can't do it without taking the ECU out unless it is a petrol model.

Comment

Working...
            X