2.0CDTi Split Turbo-Intercooler Hose

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2.0CDTi Split Turbo-Intercooler Hose

sorry if this question sounds daft but how does a split intercooler hose block the dpf filter ?

get it now thanks guys

Comment

I would suggest that the issue was already accelerated and then it was close to being blocked by the time you sealed the pipe. For the record it only takes about an hour to replace the pipe on your own & you don't need to remove the bumper at all. Just remove the fog light cover on the front passengers side and you can get in and remove the clip that holds it in place.

The hardest part is replacing the mental wee jubilee style clip but if you are replacing the whole pipe & the plastic housing at each end then you won't have that problem.

Comment

If your still getting limp mode you most likely need a forced regen (if it is after changing your burst intercooler pipe). You need to be extremely careful with this as there is some serious heat involved.

Comment

sneakygloworm, on 06 October 2014 - 12:08 PM, said:
          I'm in the same position as you. Hose went then got replaced now possible DPF clog. I hooked up an Obd and drove it while clearing the constant svs being thrown up. Eventually after 12 or so clearings, it didn't come back. As far as I have read, a forced regen is simply wide open throttle for 10 mins or so. Probably not good for the engine and even worse if it doesn't clear the filter. My oil is now over the full mark because, apparently, unburnt fuel gets sent into the sump if a regen does not take place. If I've learnt one thing from this experience, it's never to buy a diesel again.

It doesn't do it at full throttle, it holds the revs at 2600 and then increases??to 3000, it has to do this to get the DPF up to temperature to force the regen (550 degrees or something close to that). A forced regen can be dangerous, there is stories of stuff melting to the boot floor during the process etc.

If it doesn't work the worst case scenario is needing a replacement DPF, no manufacturer will give you the option of a forced regen if it is that dangerous.

Mine never dumped fuel into the sump, mine failed to regen when the pipe split & it dumped the fuel/oil out my exhaust

Comment

sneakygloworm, on 07 October 2014 - 09:26 AM, said:
            I used a blue tooth OBD II from eBay for 20 quid and "Torque Pro" for Android or Blackberry. It doesn't show codes for these cars but does clear faults. I take it that the forced regen literally holds the car in "regen mode" constantly? Can the same result not be had from just driving around for 30 minutes and allowing the car to regen itself. The forced regen seems a bit primitive.

In a word no, purely because if the SVS light keeps coming on it will reset the regen process. The motorway regen need to be done under certain conditions, one of which your is no braking and another is that the car can't be under SVS or limp mode. This is why you get the option of a 'forced regen' which bypasses the protection using the software to tell the car that it is safe.

It might seem primitive but it is our only option if the car is already in SVS or limp mode

Comment

The car will 100% not regen on it's own when SVS or Limp mode is active, trust me i did a 100 mile round trip to try and clear mine . I stood beside my car when it was getting a forced regen (my friend owns his own garage & he did it for me) and it sat at the figures I quoted(2.5k increasing to 3k). the red line is 5k so I wouldn't say that is fully open or near imho.

The instructions

Comment

How can stuff melt to the boot floor, pmsl
                ​2015 Sri vx line nav Biturbo . Sri heated leather.5500k AFL . Vx line 20s,8inch LCD dash .FLEXride.Reverse cam.Irmscher grill.235hp and 480 torqs.30mm lowering springs.20mm H&R spacers all round. Mtec drilled discs on rear,VXR 355mm drilled on front,with Brembo 4 pot calipers. Auto wipers .VX puddle lights.Carbon effect black roof wrap.Irmscher roof spoiler.Irmscher side skirts.

Comment

exclusiv., on 07 October 2014 - 11:19 PM, said:
                  How can stuff melt to the boot floor, pmsl

How can it not? 550 degrees is pretty warm I would say & a lot of heat in the exhaust. I didn't say it happened to me, my mate that did mine said that it has happened in his garage which is why everything was lifted out off my boot before he started the process!

Comment

So would he recommend everyone stopping and emptying their boots the next time someones siggy starts a regen
                    ​2015 Sri vx line nav Biturbo . Sri heated leather.5500k AFL . Vx line 20s,8inch LCD dash .FLEXride.Reverse cam.Irmscher grill.235hp and 480 torqs.30mm lowering springs.20mm H&R spacers all round. Mtec drilled discs on rear,VXR 355mm drilled on front,with Brembo 4 pot calipers. Auto wipers .VX puddle lights.Carbon effect black roof wrap.Irmscher roof spoiler.Irmscher side skirts.

Comment

Nope he purely said it can be an issue and to keep an eye on it if doing it yourself. Seeing as I was talking about forced regen where the car is stationary and no air is passing over it at all & not when it is a normal regen then I fail to see what you find so funny

Comment

Do you not think car manufacturers do tests on materials that lie in close proximity to a cars exhaust system with extreme temperature involved, I understand where youre coming from for forced regeneration when car is static,but they'll be tested for all eventualities ie what if a car starts a regeneration then is caught in traffic jam

Comment

Working...
                        X