Loud DMF / drivetrain grinding only when cold

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Loud DMF / drivetrain grinding only when cold

From my own personal experience when my DMF was going on my old vec c. The car vibrates on the inside when it is stationary in neutral, fully depress the clutch the vibration goes away. Lift the clutch pedal to the biting point you can feel the pedal pulsing. From outside of the car is very loud clatter. And when you switch the engine off you can hear loud clatter coming from under the bonnet.

IN MEMORY OF NIGHTSCREAM THE 1.6 TURBO SRI NAV
    Now driving - Mazda 6 Tourer SE-L Lux Nav+ 2.0 143 Skyactiv-G

paulha, on 21 February 2015 - 10:24 AM, said:
    Without a shadow of doubt I would get rid asap, I should have when I heard the rattle about 4 months ago at 42000 miles, the DMF gave up??on the motorway a couple of weeks ago at 45000 miles. Its a long story but I have just had my DMF clutch and master cylinder replaced for an eye watering discounted price of ?1120 should have been about ?1600. Parts alone were over ?950, cars a CDTi 160.
    you were robbed mate
    ​2015 Sri vx line nav Biturbo . Sri heated leather.5500k AFL . Vx line 20s,8inch LCD dash .FLEXride.Reverse cam.Irmscher grill.235hp and 480 torqs.30mm lowering springs.20mm H&R spacers all round. Mtec drilled discs on rear,VXR 355mm drilled on front,with Brembo 4 pot calipers. Auto wipers .VX puddle lights.Carbon effect black roof wrap.Irmscher roof spoiler.Irmscher side skirts.

Comment

Working...
    X