fault code

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• fault code

Hi, i have the fault code of P11DC come up on the dash, Bank 1 sensor 2. Could anyone tell me where bank 1 sensor 2 is please.
    This came up just before the covid situation, my warranty had run out by 2 weeks when it showed up on the dash, i took it to my vauxhal garage where i bought it to see if they could do the sensor as a good will gesture because the car only had 22,000 miles on the clock and surely the sensor should not of gone in just that mileage.
    They told me that if i pay for a service they would look into doing it as a good will gesture, plus i would have to pay £85 for it to go on the diagnostics first. I was told that if they could not do it as a GW gesture that it would be roughly £1,000. So i thought stuff them i will do this myself, i have a fault code reader so just now need to find out which sensor to get and fit into where, IE bank 1 sensor 2.

So if anybody can please help, i would really appreciate it.
    many thanks

£1000?! I think they're blowing smoke up you're ass! Have a look here, I'm no expert but unless it's a blown turbo I'm sure it wouldn't cost that much to fix!

Comment

Originally posted by kentishbloke View Post
      £1000?! I think they're blowing smoke up you're ass! Have a look here, I'm no expert but unless it's a blown turbo I'm sure it wouldn't cost that much to fix!

https://www.engine-codes.com/p11dc.html
      Exactly......the OP is paying for their Xmas night out with this kinda bill.

Comment

I had this on my 2016 VX line 170 b20dth last week.
        Have you let the AdBlue run low ? mine come up as I removed the AdBlue tank to fit a towbar.

Apparently it's the rear NOX sensor that's at fault but I don't believe that yet. Have you got an opcom ? I deleted the codes on mine with it and it hasn't come back yet but I will monitor it

Comment

Originally posted by Graham2704 View Post
          Have you let the AdBlue run low ? mine come up as I removed the AdBlue tank to fit a towbar.

Apparently it's the rear NOX sensor that's at fault but I don't believe that yet. Have you got an opcom ? I deleted the codes on mine with it and it hasn't come back yet but I will monitor it
          Op-com still work on 2016 model?
          I thought it was up till 2014

Comment

we always like when new members join our forum.........but since you joined a while ago,
            would you care to visit this section of the forum...………….

and introduce yourself properly to everyone.

Tell us a bit about yourself and maybe share a pic or 2 of your car.

Thanks...………...much appreciated.

Comment

Originally posted by Alex421 View Post
              Op-com still work on 2016 model?
              I thought it was up till 2014
              Just been looking at my Maxiecu diagnostics and it seems to be ok for cars up to 2017-------Dave Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20200707_192135.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	95.2 KB
ID:	247596

Comment

Originally posted by Dave1419 View Post
                Just been looking at my Maxiecu diagnostics and it seems to be ok for cars up to 2017-------Dave [ATTACH=CONFIG]6590[/ATTACH]
                Is that different software for op-com?
                Or will it need it's own interface

Comment

Is that different software for op-com?
                  Or will it need it's own interface
                  totally different bud.............and about £150 more expensive too

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	fault codes 2.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	81.8 KB
ID:	247597

Hope this works first time posting a photo.

I used my old opcom from my Vectra 2.2 which I owned for 10 years thought I would give it a go and it worked.

Comment

[ATTACH=CONFIG]6593[/ATTACH]

Hope this works first time posting a photo.

I used my old opcom from my Vectra 2.2 which I owned for 10 years thought I would give it a go and it worked.
                      i would check that it is compatible mate.
                      i too have an opcom/vauxcom from my vectra c days......and it doesnt cover my 2014 model.....and it wasnt a cheap chinese copy i bought

just incase its throwing up false codes and leads you into other faults thats nothing to do with the car

Comment

Originally posted by RBH View Post
                        totally different bud.............and about £150 more expensive too
                        Miby if I end up with a newer one above 2014 thought I was onto a winner there

Comment

Miby if I end up with a newer one above 2014 thought I was onto a winner there
                          i no longer use mine mate.....as its no good to me.....infact, i havent a clue where the software is

Comment

Hooooooo yes you can " cheat " with opcom , as above you just think outside the box and you can get some surprises.
                            But by that picture it's lost communication with a lot of stuff due to compatibility issues .
                            So a red mackerel there !
                            As a rule of thumb after 2014 VX diag is the tool .
                            As to the op issue and price from those loving careing dealers !
                            Are they rebuilding your engine or something?.
                            With the NOx sensor there's 3 wires
                            Live 5v
                            Ground
                            Signal ranging between 0.8 and 5 v
                            With that code you either have NOx sensor failure or wiring fault .
                            The sensor itself is about £300
                            But by jolly £1000 !!
                            10-4 rubber giraffe!

.K.M.P.C.U
                            YEEEEEEEEHAAAAAAAAA

Comment

Originally posted by RBH View Post
                              i no longer use mine mate.....as its no good to me.....infact, i havent a clue where the software is
                              The one I'm using seems to be working ok so far, I'm going to try and program keys with it when they arrive

Comment

Working...
                              X