engine oil change

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• engine oil change

When having your oil changed, during a usual service, what is the most usual way to drain the oil, Remove the drain plug or suck it out through the dipstick tube.

What a strange question! Why would you want to suck it back through the dipstick tube?
    Insignia Elite Nav 2ltr SIDI Turbo 250PS, Pearlescent Emerald Green, VX-Line Interior, VX-Line Exterior Styling Kit, Premium Brandy Nappa Sports Leather, 20" Elite Multi Spoke Alloy Wheels, 8" Digital Drivers Display, Bose Premium Audio System, Front Camera Pack, Rear View Camera, Adaptive Cruise Control, Advanced Park Assist, Rear Privacy Glass, Keyless Entry & Start, Tyre Pressure Monitoring System, Factory Fitted Towbar

Comment

From what I've read before franka its a no no to suck it out,let it drain on its own accord,ie take drain plug out then forget about it for a half hour
      ​2015 Sri vx line nav Biturbo . Sri heated leather.5500k AFL . Vx line 20s,8inch LCD dash .FLEXride.Reverse cam.Irmscher grill.235hp and 480 torqs.30mm lowering springs.20mm H&R spacers all round. Mtec drilled discs on rear,VXR 355mm drilled on front,with Brembo 4 pot calipers. Auto wipers .VX puddle lights.Carbon effect black roof wrap.Irmscher roof spoiler.Irmscher side skirts.

Comment

The reason i asked this question is,yesterday i had the 3rd year service carried out at the local Masterfit dealer I got it home and after a couple of hours i had to go out in it. When i returned??i parked ti in a different place and where it was parked there was a substantial amount of oil on the ground. Checked the dipstick and the oil level was okay. Moved the car after a short time and there was some oil on the ground. This morning i took off the R. H. wheel to have look. The oil filter case showed signs of oil, probably where it had been removed. The undertray was covered in oil, but the oil drain plug was completely dry and clean??with no signs of oil on it. I have read many times of garages that suck/pump the oil from the dipstick tube which avoids raising the vehicle and removing things like engine undertrays.

It looks to me the mechanic just unscrewed and removed the filter case with no regard for the oil that was spilled. I will be back to them in the morning to get the undertray cleaned and haqve them check the oil drain plug just in case it was removed and not properly retightened.

Comment

Working...
        X