Just a little follow up

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Just a little follow up

So just a follow up from my limp mode problem so started out with the car going into limp mode I need to add the service light has been since owning the car but has always ran fine any way I had some. One come to the car there was 4 codes 3 were bad glow plugs the 4th was P2458 I think this is a dpf regen problem so I swapped out all 4 plugs for a nice set of bosch ones the car had GM ones in it my guess is they were the originals that fixed 3 of the 4 codes every time we cleared the dpf code it came straight back into limp mode we had no choice to to force a regen the car is now fixed and has since done another regen on its own wen I went out of town with it and went to a nice 16% I also did a oil change 6 litre came out il admit I put 5 in wen I first got the car will the other litre be diesel??
    Thank you for taking the time to read my post
    Jamie

Originally posted by R402faa View Post
    So just a follow up from my limp mode problem so started out with the car going into limp mode I need to add the service light has been since owning the car but has always ran fine any way I had some. One come to the car there was 4 codes 3 were bad glow plugs the 4th was P2458 I think this is a dpf regen problem so I swapped out all 4 plugs for a nice set of bosch ones the car had GM ones in it my guess is they were the originals that fixed 3 of the 4 codes every time we cleared the dpf code it came straight back into limp mode we had no choice to to force a regen the car is now fixed and has since done another regen on its own wen I went out of town with it and went to a nice 16% I also did a oil change 6 litre came out il admit I put 5 in wen I first got the car will the other litre be diesel??
    Thank you for taking the time to read my post
    Jamie
    I went through similar problems not long ago, and it turned out to be the dpf too. I would assume it was diesel in your oil from failed regens, did you change the oil filter too?
    2011 2.0 cdti ecoflex excnav
    honeycomb grill, squinty eyes, custom lettering, honeycomb custom fog grills, custom lower centre grill, full black back tints, chrome door knobs, rear wiper removed, custom back badge, custom DRLs, custom diffuser, double barrel exhaust, racechip tuned, pipercross air kit, 210bhp 440nm torque, more on the way

Comment

No I just drained the oil and replaced it because I checked the dip stick in the morning seen how full it was so had a idea there was diesel in there any other time yes it would of had a filter aswell

Comment