Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 63 plate insignia overheating stop engine error

Hi guys
    , new on here and really praying you can help me out. My car showed error engine overheated stop. Water is present in the car, when the tow guy tried to start it, makes a clunking noise. It’s at Mr Clutch now and they think it’s something serious, apparently it’s also smoking when they start it. Please help, I hope this is how I post, I got a message I had posted the wrong way
    please help

Originally posted by Gushaz0903 View Post
    Hi guys
    , new on here and really praying you can help me out. My car showed error engine overheated stop. Water is present in the car, when the tow guy tried to start it, makes a clunking noise. It’s at Mr Clutch now and they think it’s something serious, apparently it’s also smoking when they start it. Please help, I hope this is how I post, I got a message I had posted the wrong way
    please help
    I was myself who asked you to.post an introduction as jumping into someone else posts isn't really the way to get an answer to your own issue.

Ive now moved this post from the new members section to tidy it up as it's not an introduction but your issue.

So, if you can do an introduction, in the new members section........
    https://insignia-drivers.uk/forums/3...-Introductions

Which is telling us about yourself and what kinda car you have and maybe a few pics of your car.

and as you've been a member for a while, can you update your location please.

Also keep any issues for the relevant sub forums please.

Thanks.

Comment

Apologies
      I have updated a pic and location and what I do
      hope that’s ok??

Comment

Apologies
        I have updated a pic and location and what I do
        hope that’s ok??
        It just helps keep the forum tidy.

As I said, if you can do an introduction in the new members section, it'll be greatly appreciated buddy

Comment

Gushaz0903 consider yourself spanked by the superior Fish !
          i can see you have put a list of diagnostic conditions , but photo not too clear .
          as you explode the photo .
          but looks like exhaust gas temperature sensor is not reading correctly to me
          not unless the car engine was cool ?
          But you say the recovery chap tried to start it and it made a clunking sound ?
          did he get it started in the end ?
          also I have nothing against MR Clutch ,but don't they just do clutches ?
          if it's smoking have they told you what colour smoke is comming out the exhaust?
          have they checked for fault codes ?
          have they cleared them ?
          have they checked basics
          like oil
          water
          exhaust
          injectors
          ?
          at the moment you are at the mercy of MR clutch !
          so you either wait for there diagnosis and costs
          or you arrange to have it towed elsewhere
          but you will have to settle up the bill at MR clutch first .
          the choice is yours
          10-34 rubber gloves!

J.K.M.P.C.U

Comment

Got a proper spank mate , it’s all good got to abide by what the boss says!
            The starts but sounds like it’s about to die, I haven’t been to the garage, going Tuesday as I’m working. Will get the computer reset, I assume that I just clearing the codes and taking the battery off for a bit and reconnecting! Will check the fluids again and give it a start.
            i will update with the results
            Cheers

Comment

If you reset the codes, the car should run fine. EGT will need replacing.

Comment

When you say reset is that just clearing using the diagnostics machine, sorry dumb question

Comment

When you say reset is that just clearing using the diagnostics machine, sorry dumb question
                  https://insignia-drivers.uk/forums/3...-Introductions

Comment