Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Alex421 View Post

Petrol or diesel?
    1.8 Petrol. It was a bit "pedestrian" performance-wise to be honest, but mostly fine for my needs. I assumed like my previous 1.8 Vectra, that it didn't have a DMF, but I was wrong.

EDIT: Sorry, did you mean if I had another, would it be petrol or diesel. I'd have either to be honest, not overly bothered. Probably petrol would be preferable I guess though.

Comment

Originally posted by puppet View Post

1.8 Petrol. It was a bit "pedestrian" performance-wise to be honest, but mostly fine for my needs. I assumed like my previous 1.8 Vectra, that it didn't have a DMF, but I was wrong.

EDIT: Sorry, did you mean if I had another, would it be petrol or diesel. I'd have either to be honest, not overly bothered. Probably petrol would be preferable I guess though.
      We bought ours having only just had dmf and clutch kit fitted, as soon as it due another it will be converted to single mass .
      done that with my old by Passat and the clutches lasted double the length of time

Comment

M32 gearbox with a DMF....perfect combo.
        12 plate 1.8 petrol.

Comment

Originally posted by Jace View Post
          M32 gearbox with a DMF....perfect combo.
          Pull the parachute cord mate an bail.. anything above the 140hp in diesel form has the F40 box I believe not to sure on the petrol models but I'd imagine the 2.0turbo would have f40

Comment

I've always been under the impression that although DMFs themselves can be prone to failure, they do provide at least some form of dampening effect between the engine and the gearbox. If you have an M32, and remove that dampening, I'd be inclinded to think you're more likely to suffer from early bearing failures.

Hard to know though, as the bearing failures are largely attibuted to poor oil feed/galleries in the early M32 boxes, and bearings that aren't up to the job in hand. Despite GM apparently denying there was an issue with the design, they did revise the M32 end casing to accomodate larger bearings, and also improve the oil feed to the same bearings I believe.

Comment

I've got the infamous bugger in mine!
              'The Chocolate Box'
              Last edited by Howy; 11-08-2020, 09:44 PM. Reason: spelling
              Insignia Elite 16T,Royal Blue non Nav. + added,
              Heko Wind Deflectors,Alloy Pedal Covers.Led full Interior,Polished Alloy Door Pins,Osram Diadem Opel Rear indicator Bulbs,Led Reverse Light Upgrade,Gear Surround Red Leds,Led reg plate lights,Nighteye Fog lamp Bulbs,Osram Night Breaker Laser Cornering Bulbs,Rear Sunblinds,Nextbase 522GW front/rear window cam,upgraded front speakers,SS Exhaust,6000k Xenon Bulbs,Thinkdiag Diagnostic Tool

Comment

Originally posted by Howy View Post
                I've got the infamous bugger in mine!
                'The Chocolate Box'
                Click image for larger version

Name:	DCA2520B-EB65-42BB-A2E5-0AF87C6EB7AA.jpeg
Views:	97
Size:	34.4 KB
ID:	264073

Comment

Yeh,the' Forest Gump ' box!!!!!!
                  Insignia Elite 16T,Royal Blue non Nav. + added,
                  Heko Wind Deflectors,Alloy Pedal Covers.Led full Interior,Polished Alloy Door Pins,Osram Diadem Opel Rear indicator Bulbs,Led Reverse Light Upgrade,Gear Surround Red Leds,Led reg plate lights,Nighteye Fog lamp Bulbs,Osram Night Breaker Laser Cornering Bulbs,Rear Sunblinds,Nextbase 522GW front/rear window cam,upgraded front speakers,SS Exhaust,6000k Xenon Bulbs,Thinkdiag Diagnostic Tool

Comment

Originally posted by puppet View Post
                    I've always been under the impression that although DMFs themselves can be prone to failure, they do provide at least some form of dampening effect between the engine and the gearbox. If you have an M32, and remove that dampening, I'd be inclinded to think you're more likely to suffer from early bearing failures.

Hard to know though, as the bearing failures are largely attibuted to poor oil feed/galleries in the early M32 boxes, and bearings that aren't up to the job in hand. Despite GM apparently denying there was an issue with the design, they did revise the M32 end casing to accomodate larger bearings, and also improve the oil feed to the same bearings I believe.
                    I've the F40 mate

Comment

I thought several years ago the M32 gearbox had a significant upgrade (oil flow and bearings) and since then very few cars have developed problems.

Comment

Originally posted by 2000rpm View Post
                        I thought several years ago the M32 gearbox had a significant upgrade (oil flow and bearings) and since then very few cars have developed problems.
                        Yeah I remember. They upgraded it for the facelifts.
                        2017 Vauxhall Insignia Grand Sport Sri Nav 1.5 (165ps) Turbo petrol in Lava Red - Keyless entry and start - 18” five spoke alloy wheels - Front fog lights - Tinted rear windows - Aluminium sports pedals - Ambient interior led lighting - Front and rear parking assist - Active emergency braking - Forward collision assist - Front pedestrian alert - Traffic sign recognition - Lane keep assist - Cruise control - Speed warning and limiter - Voice recognition - Bluetooth - Duel zone climate control - Front and rear electric windows - High beam assist - Auto lights - Auto wipers - Wifi hotspot - 8” colour touchscreen Navi 900 with Android Auto, Apple Car Play and DAB

Comment

Yeah I think the vxr Corsa got it in 2012

Comment

Originally posted by marko301 View Post

Yeah I remember. They upgraded it for the facelifts.
                            Yes, around facelift time (2013) sounds about right.

You probably have an upgraded M32 on your 1.5T.

Comment

Originally posted by 2000rpm View Post

Yes, around facelift time (2013) sounds about right.

You probably have an upgraded M32 on your 1.5T.
                              More than likely. Had no issues in my previous facelift or the GS. I do drive like a granny though.
                              2017 Vauxhall Insignia Grand Sport Sri Nav 1.5 (165ps) Turbo petrol in Lava Red - Keyless entry and start - 18” five spoke alloy wheels - Front fog lights - Tinted rear windows - Aluminium sports pedals - Ambient interior led lighting - Front and rear parking assist - Active emergency braking - Forward collision assist - Front pedestrian alert - Traffic sign recognition - Lane keep assist - Cruise control - Speed warning and limiter - Voice recognition - Bluetooth - Duel zone climate control - Front and rear electric windows - High beam assist - Auto lights - Auto wipers - Wifi hotspot - 8” colour touchscreen Navi 900 with Android Auto, Apple Car Play and DAB

Comment

Originally posted by marko301 View Post

More than likely. Had no issues in my previous facelift or the GS. I do drive like a granny though.
                                I thought the previous M32 box problem was aggravated by longer run times, faster journeys and harder driving.
                                In the older boxes there was barely adequate lubrication to some of the barely-up-to-the-job bearings and as the gearbox oil heated up and thinned or degraded the lubrication became insufficient, causing the bearings to wear prematurely.

Comment

Working...
                                X