X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Antony Elson View Post

Hope this works, although after listening, the noise is not being picked up

https://youtu.be/AIzsJ0b9d-k
    Just also to point out, I hear mine more on slow driving, and slowing down, dont really hear it (or notice it) at stand still. I assume your video was when its stood still?
    Maybe re-do the video driving, just position your phone someplace safe.

Comment

Originally posted by Vx-Man-G View Post

Just also to point out, I hear mine more on slow driving, and slowing down, dont really hear it (or notice it) at stand still. I assume your video was when its stood still?
      Maybe re-do the video driving, just position your phone someplace safe.
      I will give it a go soon to see if the noise it better picked up.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

As said I get it slightly when accelerating from low speeds and slowing down at low speeds. Usually 1st and 2nd. Noise almost gone since changing tyres. Mine started after new clutch and flywheel, as described before its like someone has removed some sound proofing from somewhere.
        Been driving car a little faster just lately, to make up for the 40mph restrictions to and from work. Can honestly say don't notice now unless I go out of way to hear it.

P30 lite using Tapatalk

MATTG - 2016 - 2.0 ELITE 170
        Usual Elite specification;Dancing lights, up/down windows, sliding seats, on board atlas, slippery seats, musical bumpers, storm detectors, tubeless radio, female knight rider communication system, all seeing windscreen, cherry air freshener, auto moaning passengers, learner driver, shiny door pins, rear boom box, Heko smoked window hats, rear window sunglasses, 10 million candle flame reversing lights, matching number plate lights, shiny pedals, front and rear all seeing eyes, fully integrated interrogation system, empty bank account .

Comment

I've been watching this thread for a while, I had a seriously annoying droning noise from the left, didn't make any difference in speed, direction, revs or anything, it was only when I realised it only did it when the wife was in the car, droning on and on and on and on , she no longer comes in the car and the noise has disappeared

Comment

I will give it a go soon to see if the noise it better picked up.

Also, something I havent checked, but will do tomorrow. What happens if you put it in neutrel and slow down? Just a thought. Ill try it in the morning too.

Comment

Originally posted by Lizard View Post
              I've been watching this thread for a while, I had a seriously annoying droning noise from the left, didn't make any difference in speed, direction, revs or anything, it was only when I realised it only did it when the wife was in the car, droning on and on and on and on , she no longer comes in the car and the noise has disappeared

Comment

Also, something I havent checked, but will do tomorrow. What happens if you put it in neutrel and slow down? Just a thought. Ill try it in the morning too.
                I can’t do that on line as it’s an automatic.

Comment

I can’t do that on line as it’s an automatic.

Ah, I see.
                  Ill check it on mine anyway, just to eliminate.

Comment

Hi all.

I have tried to capture the noise again. Don’t know it it help. But I have the following.

From driver seat while moving

From under bonnet whilst stationary

Let me know your thoughts. And also if there should be oil on the intake side as pictures earlier.

Comment

Hi all.

I have tried to capture the noise again. Don’t know it it help. But I have the following.

From driver seat while moving

From under bonnet whilst stationary

Let me know your thoughts. And also if there should be oil on the intake side as pictures earlier.

From the second link, yours sounds exactly like my old Vectra 2004 CDTI used to sound, and on that it turned out to the the exhaust flexi pipe under the car around the under gearstick area.

I must admit over video it is difficult and I havent heard mine with my engine open, but that sound to me sounds like my flexi pipe used to when it was leaking. Almost like a toned down whooshing under deceleration.

It might be way off the mark but worth exploring

Whats the mileage on yours?
                      I'll do the same check on mine tomorrow with bonet open.

Comment

From the second link, yours sounds exactly like my old Vectra 2004 CDTI used to sound, and on that it turned out to the the exhaust flexi pipe under the car around the under gearstick area.

I must admit over video it is difficult and I havent heard mine with my engine open, but that sound to me sounds like my flexi pipe used to when it was leaking. Almost like a toned down whooshing under deceleration.

It might be way off the mark but worth exploring

Whats the mileage on yours?
                        I'll do the same check on mine tomorrow with bonet open.
                        I will check that out. It’s only done 34k so would expect the car to be on fairly decent condition.

Comment

Good luck Anthony, keep us posted.

Comment

My little dragon heard it and she said it sounds forked ,
                            but there again she thaught Hertz van rental was a Dutch painter !
                            the second video is a good one sounds like the turbo spooling and comming off boost .
                            the car goes ok doesn't it ?

10-5 rubber duck!

.K.M.P.C.U
                            YEEEEEEEEHAAAAAAAAA

Comment

Originally posted by lizzard-t View Post
                              My little dragon heard it and she said it sounds forked ,
                              but there again she thaught Hertz van rental was a Dutch painter !
                              the second video is a good one sounds like the turbo spooling and comming off boost .
                              the car goes ok doesn't it ?

10-5 rubber duck!
                              Ha. You scared me then.

It does drive completely fine apart from the noise i did not think should be there. My partner drove it today so I could record and I could not hear a thing. Only auditable from the drivers side. Also the oil in the intake.

Comment

Oil in the intake ?have you mentioned that before?
                                what near the throttle body?
                                if it's a mist of oil then that's quite normal.
                                all my diesels do it
                                and for the last 18 years of owning diesels .
                                just regular cleaning of the intake system and MAF and MAP sensors keeps everything thing clear!
                                it's to do with the PCV system .
                                if anybody tells yiu anything different then they are just trying to scare munger you

34-78 yo ho Ho and a bottle of milk!

.K.M.P.C.U
                                YEEEEEEEEHAAAAAAAAA

Comment

Working...
                                X