No announcement yet.

My First (Dreaded) EML: P11DC-00 and P2BAD-00

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Removed today, soaked and cleaned as per the YouTube video.

Refitted.

I expected the light to be on instantly but nothing yet, driven it and got it up to temp.

Hope this has worked but not banking on it.

​​​​​​.
    Attached Files

Comment

plasma this was the one you said wasn't it, just in front of the fuel tank.?

Comment

yepper thats the No.2 sensor. when the builder at work had an issue with his, he could drive 50mile without it coming on.
        Tools Owned - MDI2 / Tech2 & lots more!
        questions for me? email me at plasmasrepairs@gmail DOT com

Comment

Vx-Man-G

hows it holding out bud???

Comment

Originally posted by plasma View Post
            yepper thats the No.2 sensor. when the builder at work had an issue with his, he could drive 50mile without it coming on.
            Mine initially came on after I personally had driven it 150 miles. God knows how long it had been before it had last been on, if it had actually been on prior.

Comment

Originally posted by RBH View Post
              Vx-Man-G

hows it holding out bud???
              Touch wood, so far it's OK.
              I was fully expecting the light to be on as soon as I started her up after refitting, so was surprised it hadn't.

I guess I just have to keep driving and hope for the best.

Fingers crossed Rab...really hope that EML don't reappear.

Comment

Originally posted by Vx-Man-G View Post

Touch wood, so far it's OK.
                I was fully expecting the light to be on as soon as I started her up after refitting, so was surprised it hadn't.

I guess I just have to keep driving and hope for the best.

Fingers crossed Rab...really hope that EML don't reappear.
                brilliant mate...........yeah touch wood eh, saves a fortune doing a wee bit of research

Comment

Originally posted by RBH View Post

brilliant mate...........yeah touch wood eh, saves a fortune doing a wee bit of research
                  Time will tell.

Truth be told, I was heartbroken when that orange light come on. So soon too.

I wish I could just take the bulb out

thead​​​​

Comment

So, so, so cheesed off.

This frigging bar steward light has come back on again today, and after plugging in the Amazon jobbie code reader, YEP, P11DC...................... AGAIN!

Looks like the sensor will need replacing, and here was me thinking (hoping) I had got away with it.

Effin hell !!

Is this the right one?

The code on the bottom of my one reads: 55487270, the code on the website reads: 55500320

Comment

Anyone know if there is any other way I can try and rectify this, or should I just the bullet and replace the sensor ?

Comment

if you click on description will give all the info is needed for parts numbers, but washing/cleaning sensor is not worth it in my experience

Vauxhall NOX Nitrogen Sensor Position 2
                        • Supplied By General Motors.
                        • Position 2 Nitrogen Oxide Sensor.
                        • For Vauxhall Insignia (2009-2017) Models With B20DTH/170HP Diesel Engines.
                        • Supplied In Electrostatic Discharge Shielding Packaging.
                        • Part Numbers: 55500320, 55495341, 55487270.
                        • All Parts Are Covered By A 12 Month Guarantee.

Comment

Originally posted by ade555 View Post
                          if you click on description will give all the info is needed for parts numbers, but washing/cleaning sensor is not worth it in my experience

Vauxhall NOX Nitrogen Sensor Position 2
                          • Supplied By General Motors.
                          • Position 2 Nitrogen Oxide Sensor.
                          • For Vauxhall Insignia (2009-2017) Models With B20DTH/170HP Diesel Engines.
                          • Supplied In Electrostatic Discharge Shielding Packaging.
                          • Part Numbers: 55500320, 55495341, 55487270.
                          • All Parts Are Covered By A 12 Month Guarantee.
                          Looks like I'm going to have replace the damn thing.

Comment

Originally posted by Vx-Man-G View Post

Looks like I'm going to have replace the damn thing.

I just can't understand how come this is so expensive, bit of pcb and lambda style sensor, got to love modern cars

Comment

Originally posted by ade555 View Post

I just can't understand how come this is so expensive, bit of pcb and lambda style sensor, got to love modern cars
                              Nor me.
                              I was chatting to someone about this the other day and he goes that's why he stopped buying Vauxhalls....

​​​

Comment

Mines been doing this since I bought it, a year ago!! Done about 15K miles since then. Can come on anywhere from 50 to over 500 miles?? Keep saying I'm going to replace it. Have read that this sensor in position 2 is simply for emissions control for Euro 6 engines and is
                                not detrimental to the functioning of the engine or cat!
                                These have good reports - I should get one really https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Genuine-V...YAAOSwRl1d3VRs

Comment

Working...
                                X