Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Strange sound on cold start - possible BCV? Insignia GS "B"

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #31
    Originally posted by JamieD View Post
    I have the exact same noise on my car when it starts from cold, The car has been in Vauxhall the last 2 days due to a ongoing coolant leak and the noise when starting from cold, They are not 100% sure what is causing the noise but they suspect its the alternator bearing or water pump bearing. Just waiting to hear back from them if they are going to change the alternator and water pump under my extended warranty.
    Thanks for the post Jamie.

    What model car is yours?


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

    Comment


    • #32
      Originally posted by Ripley.paul View Post

      Thanks for the post Jamie.

      What model car is yours?


      Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
      Its a 2016 Sri Nav with the B20DTH engine with 57k

      Comment


      • #33
        Originally posted by JamieD View Post

        Its a 2016 Sri Nav with the B20DTH engine with 57k
        Doesn’t sound like I’m too far off from you there.

        Be interesting to see what Vauxhall say.

        They say Ernst’s issue was the aux belt and tensioner so I wonder if they say different for yours.

        My experience with VX hasn’t been great most of the time.

        I usually book it in telling them what’s wrong only for them to do an investigation and tell me what I already knew warring a day in the process.

        Probably just my local dealership though.


        Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

        Comment


        • #34
          Originally posted by JamieD View Post
          I have the exact same noise on my car when it starts from cold, The car has been in Vauxhall the last 2 days due to a ongoing coolant leak and the noise when starting from cold, They are not 100% sure what is causing the noise but they suspect its the alternator bearing or water pump bearing. Just waiting to hear back from them if they are going to change the alternator and water pump under my extended warranty.
          To be honest, I expected the water pump to cause this noise as it seemed to come from that part. So I'm a bit curious if it is actually fixed. I will found out Monday as that's the first time I need my car.

          Comment


          • #35
            So it seems it's not a tensioner. The noise is still present, you can even hear it inside. There goes my trust in the dealer. I think I'll have to create another recording and go back again. Car doesn't sound healthy when cold, I don't think it was designed to sound like this.

            Comment


            • #36
              i know mines is an A but i had my pump, tensioners, belts etc all done last month.
              VX say its 100k but i had mine done at 59k .
              absolutely silent and piece of mind.
              https://insignia-drivers.uk/filedata/fetch?filedataid=7610&sigpic=1

              Comment


              • #37
                Originally posted by Ernst View Post
                So it seems it's not a tensioner. The noise is still present, you can even hear it inside. There goes my trust in the dealer. I think I'll have to create another recording and go back again. Car doesn't sound healthy when cold, I don't think it was designed to sound like this.
                That is concerning, although not surprising that the dealership didn’t fix the issue. I’ve never had a good experience with them and only made any real headway when I spoke with their executive team.

                I think mine may be in the earlier stages of failing badly. The noise is still there but only on cold start. I drove it at the weekend over multiple journeys and the only time it happened was 1st thing in the morning. I can only imagine it’s going to get worse though.

                In all honesty I am thinking of selling mine and changing brands.

                Although I imagine I have a bad example of the car I’ve never owned a car like this which has been to the garage 4 times in 18 months.

                Please do let us know how you get on though. I doubt we’ll be the last to hear this noise!


                Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

                Comment


                • #38
                  Originally posted by RBH View Post
                  i know mines is an A but i had my pump, tensioners, belts etc all done last month.
                  VX say its 100k but i had mine done at 59k .
                  absolutely silent and piece of mind.
                  Out of interest, and if you don’t mind sharing, what was the bill for this work?


                  Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

                  Comment


                  • #39
                    I think that would be the next step, pump replacement. A bit disappointed as they had the car for three days, I would have expected they had fixed it. Better luck next time.
                    how much did replacing everything coast you?

                    Comment


                    • #40
                      Originally posted by Ripley.paul View Post

                      That is concerning, although not surprising that the dealership didn’t fix the issue. I’ve never had a good experience with them and only made any real headway when I spoke with their executive team.

                      I think mine may be in the earlier stages of failing badly. The noise is still there but only on cold start. I drove it at the weekend over multiple journeys and the only time it happened was 1st thing in the morning. I can only imagine it’s going to get worse though.

                      In all honesty I am thinking of selling mine and changing brands.

                      Although I imagine I have a bad example of the car I’ve never owned a car like this which has been to the garage 4 times in 18 months.

                      Please do let us know how you get on though. I doubt we’ll be the last to hear this noise!


                      Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                      For me it's a bad start. My previous 2009 ran most of the time perfectly, only to the end there were some troubles, But it has then driven more then 200.000 miles.
                      This one started with rear brakes not coming free, clutch performance warning first long distance trip, and now this noise. And the dealer somehow lost two spare tyre pressure sensors. They should have putten them in the car, but there not there.

                      Comment


                      • #41
                        Originally posted by Ernst View Post
                        For me it's a bad start. My previous 2009 ran most of the time perfectly, only to the end there were some troubles, But it has then driven more then 200.000 miles.
                        This one started with rear brakes not coming free, clutch performance warning first long distance trip, and now this noise. And the dealer somehow lost two spare tyre pressure sensors. They should have putten them in the car, but there not there.
                        It’s not what you expect from a flagship car is it.

                        So far I’ve had

                        A new bonnet sensor
                        A new accelerator pedal ( which took 3 months to supply and fit)
                        Recall for bodywork coming loose
                        2 recalls for the fuel hose clip
                        And now this noise.

                        All in 18 months of ownership.

                        Such a shame because I really do like the car but I have lost confidence in it now


                        Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

                        Comment


                        • #42
                          Originally posted by Ripley.paul View Post

                          Out of interest, and if you don’t mind sharing, what was the bill for this work?


                          Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                          all i pay for is the parts buddy - my son owns the garage so its free for me.
                          but all in for the parts i was 104
                          https://insignia-drivers.uk/filedata/fetch?filedataid=7610&sigpic=1

                          Comment


                          • #43
                            Originally posted by RBH View Post

                            all i pay for is the parts buddy - my son owns the garage so its free for me.
                            but all in for the parts i was 104
                            Thanks for letting us know though mate. Gives us a ball park at least.


                            Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

                            Comment


                            • #44
                              Originally posted by RBH View Post

                              all i pay for is the parts buddy - my son owns the garage so its free for me.
                              but all in for the parts i was 104
                              Thanks! For such a price I can understand you have it replaced. So now I have to convince my dealer they change all these parts. From top off my head my warranty covers all labor and 50% of the part costs, so I can image they won't do this right away.

                              Comment


                              • #45
                                Just a little update on my situation, Vauxhall had the car over the weekend regarding this noise. So they took the aux belt off and checked all the pulleys and found that there is play in the water pump bearing. Just waiting on the part coming in and this will be getting changed under the extended warranty I have with the car. Will see how the car gets on when the water pump is changed.

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X