Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Engine Noise

Hello,

After a trouble free 6 months or so i have experienced a new issue on my car.

A few days ago and today upon starting the car there is a weird noise that appears to be coming from the auxiliary drive belt, as it can be heard through the drivers side wheel cowling.

It is like a rapid ticking noise. Upon driving for a few minutes it disappears, therefore i believe it may be a failing bearing or pully. Is the sound familiar to anyone? I know its hard to diagnose from a noise and without taking the auxiliary belt off and checking the bearings and pulleys. However i figured i would ask for some advice before booking it into the garage.

Also i noticed a few months ago that when i activated the Aircon there was a wearing noise however i havent been able to get this on camera, therefore i am unsure it is related.

Thanks

Alex

Hello Alex the video you posted is private so I cannot view or listen fir the noise .
    but as you say very hard to diagnose from a sound clip .
    but I woukd be inclined to slip the auxiliary drive belt off to see if it disappears.
    coukd be tensioners.
    or idler pulley
    or even your aircon bearings .
    but try to reload that video again and make it public.

14-4677 video killed the radio star !

.K.M.P.C.U
    YEEEEEEEEHAAAAAAAAA

Comment

Originally posted by lizzard-t View Post
      Hello Alex the video you posted is private so I cannot view or listen fir the noise .
      but as you say very hard to diagnose from a sound clip .
      but I woukd be inclined to slip the auxiliary drive belt off to see if it disappears.
      coukd be tensioners.
      or idler pulley
      or even your aircon bearings .
      but try to reload that video again and make it public.

14-4677 video killed the radio star !
      Thanks Lizzard,

I have made the video public. I thought it wouldve been viewable due to using the link.

Back in March i did have an engine swap however none of the auxiliary parts were changed only the belt using the ini timing belt kit.

However i believe its normally right that around 70000 - 90000 mile the belt and auxiliary parts are changes?

The engine has just ticked over to 70,000. Car drives fine and it has had a new flywheel and clutch fitted so i believe its not the engine. However as you have said its best to take the belt off and check.

Comment

Originally posted by Alexf92 View Post

Thanks Lizzard,

I have made the video public. I thought it wouldve been viewable due to using the link.

Back in March i did have an engine swap however none of the auxiliary parts were changed only the belt using the ini timing belt kit.

However i believe its normally right that around 70000 - 90000 mile the belt and auxiliary parts are changes?

The engine has just ticked over to 70,000. Car drives fine and it has had a new flywheel and clutch fitted so i believe its not the engine. However as you have said its best to take the belt off and check.
        I made a mistake, it was the timing belt that was changed not the aux belt.

I am unsure when it was last changed as i dont have any previous history.

Comment

So the AC compressor bearings seem to have gone bad.

Is there a Bearing repair kit for the compressor? Otherwise is it a case of finding a replacement, degasing, install regassing?

Thanks

Alex

Comment

Is this pully suitable for the AC in my car? It says it is compatible so wondered if anyone could offer advice?

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/A-C-Compr...8AAOSwl7lf9cSX

Is it a case of removing the locking nut and end cape. And then use a set of bearing pullers on the pully?

Thanks

Alex

Comment

Hi,try a local air con engineer first.
              Insignia Elite 16T,Royal Blue non Nav. + added,
              Heko Wind Deflectors,Alloy Pedal Covers.Led full Interior,Polished Alloy Door Pins,Osram Diadem Opel Rear indicator Bulbs,Led Reverse Light Upgrade,Gear Surround Red Leds,Led reg plate lights,Dynamic led side repeaters,Nighteye Fog lamp Bulbs,Osram Night Breaker Laser Cornering Bulbs,Rear Sunblinds,Nextbase 522GW front/rear window cam,upgraded front speakers,SS Exhaust,6000k Xenon Bulbs

Comment

Working...
              X