Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Reduced performance reduce clutch use issue.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Update from Vx. New clutch needed, new NOx module or sensors, wasn't sure which. Just waiting on the selling dealership to approve. Result in my book.

Sent from my Pixel 4 XL using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by mathesonewan View Post
      Update from Vx. New clutch needed, new NOx module or sensors, wasn't sure which. Just waiting on the selling dealership to approve. Result in my book.

See......new clutch......you won't get advice like this on faceache.

Comment

Funny old thing, I had a new clutch fitted by the sales place I bought my siggy from, plus an air flow sensor 3 weeks later, all by the 3 month sales warranty. great to get the big bills paid by someone else and it gives you peace of mind.

Sadly it seems I now need a new Nox sensor and control module, anything from £2-300

Comment

What's really weird is I picked it up today and they're going to give me a call once authorisation and parts are though. Given the clutch is getting replaced I can afford to rag it a little bit on the way home... Could not get it to slip once. I'm keeping quiet about that though!

Comment

What's really weird is I picked it up today and they're going to give me a call once authorisation and parts are though. Given the clutch is getting replaced I can afford to rag it a little bit on the way home... Could not get it to slip once. I'm keeping quiet about that though!

which branch of A.C is doing the work?

Comment

Originally posted by RBH View Post

which branch of A.C is doing the work?
              It's the local Vauxhall branch here in the east end of Glasgow.

Comment

It's the local Vauxhall branch here in the east end of Glasgow.

Mount Vernon?

Comment

Originally posted by RBH View Post

Mount Vernon?[/B][/I]
                  Aye that's the one. Hamilton Road.

Comment

Weird. Went for a drive before picking my wife up and it's back again. Ach well just an anomaly.

Comment

So...

The saga continues.

I was told I've to get a new clutch so dutifully dropped my car off at Vauxhall. Told me it'd be 3 days and up the road with the courtesy car.

A day later they call me back and say its done. Driving home and the clutch is wildly heavy, like painful to hold down. I've never had a car with a brand new clutch so figured it'd just take time to loosen off.

After a good bit of reading I'm finding out that's not really a thing. What's the chances they've just increased the pressure so the clutch doesn't slip and not changed it at all? It's nearly impossible to drive just now, you can't feel the bite at all because I'm trying to just hold the clutch steady...

Comment

There's something not right there, its an hydraulic system so they cannot increase the pressure unless they have not aligned the csc properly.
                        take it back and have a word in there shell like .
                        I've just had mine replaced and it's just as the old one but biting point is a bit further down.

12-4566766666 roger dodger!

.K.M.P.C.U
                        YEEEEEEEEHAAAAAAAAA

Comment

Originally posted by lizzard-t View Post
                          There's something not right there, its an hydraulic system so they cannot increase the pressure unless they have not aligned the csc properly.
                          take it back and have a word in there shell like .
                          I've just had mine replaced and it's just as the old one but biting point is a bit further down.

12-4566766666 roger dodger!
                          Yeah I've messed about with cable clutches so figured with hydraulics you might be able to do something similar to messing with the pressure plate. Apparently not!

Getting tired of this now. Just fix my damn car! Feels two steps forward one step back just now!

Comment

Booked in to AC for the 4th time in 3 weeks tomorrow...

Comment

Keep us up to speed.
                              if start getting leg pain through the pressure being used to use the clutch then make them aware.

10-4 Keep on insignering but with a painful leg !

.K.M.P.C.U
                              YEEEEEEEEHAAAAAAAAA

Comment

So Vx told me I can get my car. Apparently the mechanic and his gaffer both had a look and they reckon there is nothing wrong with the clutch. In fairness a friend who drives a lot of cars for work was in the area and I asked him to see what he thought, on the heavy side but perfectly normal. Just something to get used to perhaps...

Comment

Working...
                                X