Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Diesel Leak

Hi all,

I bought a 2014 Insignia 2.0 ecoflex last week and it's developed a fuel leak. I bought privately so can't take it back to be fixed.

I've had a look around and noticed the whole area around where the egr cooler is seems to be covered in diesel. It's 100% neat/unburnt diesel (no exhaust gasses), no coolant loss or anything and the car starts/drives fine however fuel economy seems to be affected.

Has anyone ever heard of this issue? Is there anything fuel related around that area, any fuel return pipes or anything? it's booked in at the garage but not until the 4th Feb so trying to narrow it down as to what it could be.

****UPDATE SEE POST BELOW****

Dose it smell,of diesel ?
    the only thing in front would be the intercooler.
    all there is I,is the common fuel rail ,fuel pressure regulator,injector pipework.leakoff pipework.
    have you tried cleaning down the whole Aera and monitoring the leak ,just to try to assertain where , what and how this leak may be .

45-4785566 gimp mask!

.K.M.P.C.U
    YEEEEEEEEHAAAAAAAAA

Comment

Yes mate very strong smell of diesel, i've spent ages researching and most leaks seem to be on the drivers side but this is definitely on the passenger side, the egr cooler is covered in it.

Not cleaned yet but will try tomorrow, it's a very tight space though so it's very difficult to see anything at all
      Image 20210126-123056-resized hosted in ImgBB

Comment

Update: I've spent a good hour looking around, had it jacked up etc and it looks as though I have two leaks, one from the EGR cooler and one from the HPFP on the drivers side. Brilliant

Comment

Working...
        X