Is this smoke normal from oil cap ( video ) ? 2014 insignia recently bought

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by LondonsFinest009 View Post

it’s absolutely normal, mine does it also.

my 2.0cdti doesn’t move till 40/50miles when it’s at the brim. It all depends how you drive also.

So the hundreds of pages online about air pressure and smoke /steam from oil cap suggesting piston rings etc issues, they are all untrue ? I'm not dismissing what you guys say but why is the internet full of forums that say it's bad to see that ?

I'm driving very smoothly and after only 15-20 miles the gauge moves , even on motorway trips !
    ​​​​​​What mpg do you tend to get and do you have the 2.0 cdti with urban mpg 51mpg or the 2.0 like mine which has the 63mpg urban ?
    ​​​​

Comment

Originally posted by Insignius91 View Post

So the hundreds of pages online about air pressure and smoke /steam from oil cap suggesting piston rings etc issues, they are all untrue ? I'm not dismissing what you guys say but why is the internet full of forums that say it's bad to see that ?

I'm driving very smoothly and after only 15-20 miles the gauge moves , even on motorway trips !
      ​​​​​​What mpg do you tend to get and do you have the 2.0 cdti with urban mpg 51mpg or the 2.0 like mine which has the 63mpg urban ?
      ​​​​

why is the sky blue? Your asking impossible questions to answer.

I don’t know the book mpg for mine but I get 55 on the motorway and around 45 town driving and I’m perfectly happy with that

Comment

why is the sky blue? Your asking impossible questions to answer.

I don’t know the book mpg for mine but I get 55 on the motorway and around 45 town driving and I’m perfectly happy with that

so if you have the 51mpg 2.0 insignia then I should be getting 55 mpg as mine is the 63 mpg Insignia, yet o my seems to get 42 - 45 mpg

Comment

so if you have the 51mpg 2.0 insignia then I should be getting 55 mpg as mine is the 63 mpg Insignia, yet o my seems to get 42 - 45 mpg
          If the car bothers you so much, go onto the Vauxhall website and book yourself in for a bronze health check for free

Comment

I’ve owned my car for a year, it’s had smoke from
            The oil cap since I owned it and I’ve covered 11,000 miles since.

vauxhall serviced it last Monday and said it was a good car. I wouldn’t drown yourself with as much worry as you are

Comment

mate, gonna give a rest now.............im getting really ******* pissed off with this pish about your MPG...............any mention of it again and I'm banning you.

you've been warned.
              Last edited by RBH; 03-05-2021, 08:00 PM.
              https://insignia-drivers.uk/filedata/fetch?filedataid=7610&sigpic=1

Comment

**** me you go on abit..

I think the best thing todo is just get shot of the insignia.

Your going to end up with low oil pressure light and it’s going to spanner your head.

Do yourself a favour get the Skoda and hyper miles that.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Samyam View Post
                  **** me you go on abit..

Your going to end up with low oil pressure light and it’s going to spanner your head.

god forbid he gets the low oil pressure!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Samyam View Post
                    **** me you go on abit..

why would you say it might come up with the low oil pressure light ?
                    Are you saying that steam /smoke from oil cap is not normal ?
                    I am determined to fix everything I can myself on this car ( will get garage do timing belt kit though ) so if low oil light does come on then whatever the cause I'll look to sort it myself , with the help of you good guys of course )

Comment

why would you say it might come up with the low oil pressure light ?
                      Are you saying that steam /smoke from oil cap is not normal ?
                      I am determined to fix everything I can myself on this car ( will get garage do timing belt kit though ) so if low oil light does come on then whatever the cause I'll look to sort it myself , with the help of you good guys of course )
                      the steam/smoke is not related to low oil pressure.

some insignias suffer with low oil pressure problems due to a rubber pick up seal in the sump. After failed regens, diesel in the oil will make the rubber turn hard and you have to replace the seal before your engine seizes on you.

but if you don’t get the warning then don’t touch it.

Comment

To stop the smoke coming out the top you need to replace the oil cap then it will cure the smoking issue
                        Irmscher grill, hecko wind deflectors, dtuk pedal box, Vauxhall logo puddle lights

xbox CrazyLillian
                        instagram @timmy_tourer

Comment

the steam/smoke is not related to low oil pressure.

some insignias suffer with low oil pressure problems due to a rubber pick up seal in the sump. After failed regens, diesel in the oil will make the rubber turn hard and you have to replace the seal before your engine seizes on you.

but if you don’t get the warning then don’t touch it.
                          Not quite true.

All 2.0 derv Insignias except for the 170 whisper engine at risk of this.

And unless you have proof provided that the seal has been replaced, then replace it ASAP.
                          I replaced my seal at 51k.......no warnings - but the seal came out brittle.

For the sake of an 8 seal......replace it.

Comment

Originally posted by RBH View Post

Not quite true.

All 2.0 derv Insignias except for the 170 whisper engine at risk of this.

And unless you have proof provided that the seal has been replaced, then replace it ASAP.
                            I replaced my seal at 51k.......no warnings - but the seal came out brittle.

For the sake of an 8 seal......replace it.
                            And the rest with labour depending on if you have cut outs or not.

Comment

Not when your son is a mechanic

P30 lite using Tapatalk

MATTG - 2016 - 2.0 ELITE 170
                              Usual Elite specification;Dancing lights, up/down windows, sliding seats, on board atlas, slippery seats, musical bumpers, storm detectors, tubeless radio, female knight rider communication system, all seeing windscreen, cherry air freshener, auto moaning passengers, learner driver, shiny door pins, rear boom box, Heko smoked window hats, rear window sunglasses, 10 million candle flame reversing lights, matching number plate lights, shiny pedals, front and rear all seeing eyes, fully integrated interrogation system, empty bank account .

Comment

That's the price of the seal I quoted.

All other prices will vary depending where you go and quality of other parts/items used.

Comment

Working...
                                X