Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• LondonsFinest009
    replied
    Mine come to 950 all in, that also included oil pick up seal. I think I got a bargain.

Leave a comment:

• lizzard-t
    replied
    Mine came to 1400
    and my ring piece hurts now !

Leave a comment:

• LondonsFinest009
    replied
    Originally posted by Mick H View Post
    Thanks for your input gentlemen, looks like i will be getting my hands dirty and doing the clutch and dmf soon, a company i know will do me a luk dmf, clutch and csc for 580 notes plus the dreaded, does that sound about right?
    yeah, sounds about right. Paid 545 for my kit.

Leave a comment:

• Mick H
    replied
    Thanks for your input gentlemen, looks like i will be getting my hands dirty and doing the clutch and dmf soon, a company i know will do me a luk dmf, clutch and csc for 580 notes plus the dreaded, does that sound about right?

Leave a comment:

• LondonsFinest009
    replied
    Yeah my fault, didn’t realise it was a petrol.

Leave a comment:

• lizzard-t
    replied
    Arrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr mick .
    me and Sir Londonfinest got hold of the wrong end of the sticky stick .
    i think we looked at your profile rather than the first post on this
    ignor our comments on the pick up seal it dose not apply

Ill I'll grab my coat !

Leave a comment:

• Mick H
    replied
    Originally posted by lizzard-t View Post
    Its the clutch, changing the brake fluid won't stop the clutch from dragging .
    as Sir Londonfinest has said
    Do it all at once yes the DMF may be OK but who knows when you take the clutch out what sort of wear there will be on it .
    oil pick up seal is a must , its called prevention maintenance.
    If you are doing it yourself then vacuum bleed the CSC before fitting.
    so are oil pick up seals a problem on the 2.0 petrol turbo engine? i thought that was just the diesels that had that particular problem.

Leave a comment:

• lizzard-t
    replied
    Its the clutch, changing the brake fluid won't stop the clutch from dragging .
    as Sir Londonfinest has said
    Do it all at once yes the DMF may be OK but who knows when you take the clutch out what sort of wear there will be on it .
    oil pick up seal is a must , its called prevention maintenance.
    If you are doing it yourself then vacuum bleed the CSC before fitting.

Leave a comment:

• LondonsFinest009
    replied
    Originally posted by Mick H View Post
    Any chance of a bit of advice please? 2009 2.0 petrol, F40 gearbox.... So when hot the clutch doesnt disengage fully and its hard to get into 1st 2nd and reverse and i am starting to get a burnt clutch smell in the car when its really hot, seems ok when cold

My first thoughts are that i will try bleeding the clutch/replace fluid, if that doesn't work i guess i will get the box out and replace the clutch and csc which brings me to my first question. Should i replace the DMF as a matter of course? ((haven't noticed any vibration or rattles) next question is what oil is best for a 120k miles F40 gearbox?

I don’t see why not, saves taking the sub frame off and gearbox off another time.

I also had my oil pick up seal done at the same time as it was easy to drop the sump with everything off.

Leave a comment:

• Lizard
    replied
    I'm doing my F40 gearbox with this bud...

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Millers-C...-127635-2958-0

Leave a comment:

• Mick H
    started a topic Clutch problem

Clutch problem

Any chance of a bit of advice please? 2009 2.0 petrol, F40 gearbox.... So when hot the clutch doesnt disengage fully and its hard to get into 1st 2nd and reverse and i am starting to get a burnt clutch smell in the car when its really hot, seems ok when cold

My first thoughts are that i will try bleeding the clutch/replace fluid, if that doesn't work i guess i will get the box out and replace the clutch and csc which brings me to my first question. Should i replace the DMF as a matter of course? ((haven't noticed any vibration or rattles) next question is what oil is best for a 120k miles F40 gearbox?
Working...
X