No announcement yet.

Insignia overheating fault

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Excuse my stupidity. Is the 0.05 volts not a scaling thing that maybe need changed on the screen setup bit like using multimeter. Same for barometric pressure mate

Comment

Nooooooooo your not being silly
      it's just that if that's live data then those 2 are completely off the park
      but I need to see if the EGT sensor 1 is indeed registering a value that increases with temperature
      what you were saying earlier 0.5 volts is a reference signal voltage from the ECU .
      is the sensor a 2 wire sensor?

.K.M.P.C.U
      YEEEEEEEEHAAAAAAAAA

Comment

It is 2 wire sensor. I've left the garage now. I've drove the car on and off all day today and it hasn't faulted. I changed egt again as I tested with a meter and there was no resistance values whether it was hot or cold. So it was swapped out. I'll see what it's like next few days.

Comment

Are thease EGT sensor you are fitting genuine GM or a generic sensor? As asked earlier
          because if you are fitting generic sensors then thease cars do not like them and can cause issues

.K.M.P.C.U
          YEEEEEEEEHAAAAAAAAA

Comment

There not a genuine gm sensor, bought at a company local to me, SAS motor factors. The fault came back tonight after 2 days of no issues. Yesterday after visiting family, I pulled away from junction and there was grey smoke coming from exhaust and as I joined dual carriage there was still smoke evident then it died off by the time I'd pulled off on to normal road which was probably a distance of 500 mtrs. Went out tonight to find some diesel, car was a bit hesitant on acceleration but still drove ok. Came off motorway onto B Road put foot down in 3rd then slowed for car in front and it through up the dreaded P2428 code.

Comment

Past experience tell us that the engines don't respond to some aftermarket parts.......and sensors etc are the ones.

I personally would get a genuine part and fit that buddy.

Comment

Folks, could it possibly the map sensor. Reading more and more about these cars. Reason I ask is I've read one of the symptoms I have on my car is a varying idle speed. Only small but it defo has a little surge when idling and it does also feel hesitant under acceleration. It's a bit like when I drive my 73 beetle when the timing was off. Slightly hesitant under load. Obviously I don't have live data at present, but with the visit to vauxhall looming this week and the likelihood getting my eyes pulled out I'm hoping to resolve the issue before that day arrives. TIA

Comment

Number 1 as per RBH
                  thats why I kept asking.
                  Number 2 you can clean the MAF Sensor with electrical contact cleaner and a cotton wool bud .
                  But it would not clear the P2428 code. Thats a different kettle of halibut.
                  just one random question.
                  do you know if the car has been MAPPED or a performance upgrade?

.K.M.P.C.U
                  YEEEEEEEEHAAAAAAAAA

Comment

I don't think so, I've owned the car for nearly 6 year and it doesn't go like its been mapped.

Comment

Well replaced the EGT with a genuine vauxhall one ,it seems that everytime you replace it , it seems to go ok for a bit then all hell brakes loose .
                      yep going cheap is sometimes possible, but from past experience on here ,with sensors they don't cut the mustard
                      And we find people tell us " its a new sensor " and then we ask the million dollar question " was it genuine vauxhall?
                      And they say no !
                      The possible reason that you are scratching your head is because of the cheap sensor, and not because of other issues.

.K.M.P.C.U
                      YEEEEEEEEHAAAAAAAAA

Comment

Fair point mate, I removed map sensor today and it was more or less completely blocked. That's been now cleaned and refitted. Could that cause the issue?

Comment

The map sensor measures the manifold absolute pressure which is the amount of air entering the inlet manifold.
                          which can cause erratic idle and poor acceleration.
                          But you still have the original code and its problem
                          I've never known a dirty MAF sensor throw up the P2428 code .
                          Sometimes too much reading can confuse .
                          and if not knowing how to diagnose the problem, can cause more problems.
                          Nothing against you, but we Sometimes see members thinking its all sorts of things.
                          In the end we ere here to help each other, and give you the wealth of our brain and what we have come across in the past .

.K.M.P.C.U
                          YEEEEEEEEHAAAAAAAAA

Comment

Yeah mate I understand. Really frustrating. The map.sensor and the throttle body were cleaned today. Just doing things I can do myself. Ive took car out tonight and got 30 mile out of it then the usual code came on. The only thing I noticed tonight was that the car temp never got above 60 degrees, whereas since the fault started I'd notice the engine temp was getting up to 90 after about 10 mile. Last year the car had a new thermostat and I kept saying to the garage that the new stat took forever to reach 90, sometimes it didn't. Is there more than one stat available. It looks like it's going to vauxhall this week as planned unless I find something obvious. My mate said we could do a smoke test to check for any leaks. Would that be a good idea? TiA

Comment

There's loads of thermostats available, it's yet again how much you want to pay .
                              The likes of Gates and Circoil are 2 that spring to mind.
                              Smoke tests are only any good if you have a running issues caused by an air leak .
                              Either vacuum lines or boost hoses or gaskets.
                              Which can be hard to trace unless smoke is used .
                              I don't think you have a running issues.
                              But if your friend is good with cars and he thinks there's an air leak then let him crack on .

Sent from my Pixel 4a using Tapatalk

.K.M.P.C.U
                              YEEEEEEEEHAAAAAAAAA

Comment

It's a circoli that was fitted. I think it's just going to have to go to vauxhall. It's getting the oil dumped tomorrow and all filters done, ready for vauxhall!

Comment

Working...
                                X