Oil pressure issues Diesel vs Petrol

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Oil pressure issues Diesel vs Petrol

Hi all, So I have my 2010 CDTI which is now basically scrap due to the oil pick up pipe rubber seal going and wrecking the engine, I'm not interested in replacing the engine especially with the prices of Insignia's these days, so my question is this, I am currently looking at getting another car I have a Zafira i'm running around in at the moment and I really don't feel like it's worth putting through it's MOT as there are far to many issues, so i'm looking at as a possibility another insignia but not a diesel and the newer ones are outside of my price range at the moment, so i'm looking at petrol, does the petrol engines (below 2013) have the same issue with the pick up seal as the diesels have? I don't want it happening again and don't really want to spend 500 on getting one fixed as it defeats the object of getting a cheap run around. if anyone has any insight on this it would be appreciated.

Nope.
    no issues as the oil seal goes due to not letting a regen finish.

The petrol model hasn't got a dpf.
    https://insignia-drivers.uk/filedata/fetch?filedataid=7610&sigpic=1

Comment

Though if you are after a cheap runaround as you say, you only have 2 real choices i.e. the 1.8 which is allegedly underpowered for the weight of the car and not very economical, and the 2ltr turbo which are quite rare and not so economical
      Insignia Elite Nav 2ltr SIDI Turbo 250PS, Pearlescent Emerald Green, VX-Line Interior, VX-Line Exterior Styling Kit, Premium Brandy Nappa Sports Leather, 20" Elite Multi Spoke Alloy Wheels, 8" Digital Drivers Display, Bose Premium Audio System, Front Camera Pack, Rear View Camera, Adaptive Cruise Control, Advanced Park Assist, Rear Privacy Glass, Keyless Entry & Start, Tyre Pressure Monitoring System, Factory Fitted Towbar

Comment

There is a few 1.8's running around my area.
        Insignia Elite 16T,Royal Blue non Nav. + added,
        Heko Wind Deflectors,Alloy Pedal Covers.Led full Interior,Polished Alloy Door Pins,Osram Diadem Opel Rear indicator Bulbs,Led Reverse Light Upgrade,Gear Surround Red Leds,Led reg plate lights,Nighteye Fog lamp Bulbs,Osram Night Breaker Laser Cornering Bulbs,Rear Sunblinds,Nextbase 522GW front/rear window cam,upgraded front speakers,SS Exhaust,6000k Xenon Bulbs,Thinkdiag Diagnostic Tool

Comment

Originally posted by 0011728 View Post
          Though if you are after a cheap runaround as you say, you only have 2 real choices i.e. the 1.8 which is allegedly underpowered for the weight of the car and not very economical, and the 2ltr turbo which are quite rare and not so economical
          Yeah, I've heard this about the 1.8's and i've seen a couple of the turbo's around, but i'm already in a car with terrible MPG because of a big hole in the exhaust next to a lambda sensor, I would get it replaced but it's where the CAT used to be, (it was removed and replaced with a custom made pipe (decated) and i've seen the price of a new CAT for the 2.2 Zafira, plus with it being the 2.2 Direct it doesn't like the new E10 fuel, so costing me even more cause i've gotta fill up with super. It smokes out about 4 cars behind me when I pull away from lights or roundabouts, and it's going through oil not far off the fuel it goes through..... so i'm wondering if it would actually be cheaper to just go for the 2.0 Turbo..... or just get a veccy, but again lots of 1.8 vvt's out there and a few 2.2 direct..... still in the same situ, I would go for diesel but I work in Birmingham centre and can't justify the 8 a day Clean air zone charge.

Comment

Working...
          X