2015 2.0 ctdi (140) clutch and flywheel job

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2015 2.0 ctdi (140) clutch and flywheel job

Hi guys ,I was towing my caravan last week and going up a hill the clutch slipped slightly so I powered back and it gripped again without problem .After our holiday I monitored it all the way home again towing caravan and it was fine .

I'm guessing I really need a new clutch and while at it a fly wheel. it looks like a straight forward job to do just loads of stuff to unbolt to get at it etc which is normal on modern cars .

Have any of you guys done it and did you fit dual mass or convert to solid flywheel ? I think I have time on my side as the caravan is now away for winter and the car drives normally without any noises or pulsing at the pedal etc .

cheers guys

Dave ..

I got mine done at a garage clutch duel mass kept with duel mass fly wheel only cost me about £750

Comment

Originally posted by Manofsteel View Post
      I got mine done at a garage clutch duel mass kept with duel mass fly wheel only cost me about £750
      thanks for reply .

been quoted same but thought id have a bash myself ,i have all the gear tools etc so seems a no brainer to try save 300 quid ish

Comment

It took the garage at least a whole day 2 do u have 2 drop the Cross member and other stuff they took mine at about mid morning and got it bk next day

Comment

If u have the time go 4 it

Comment

I have the time and space so gonna do it . non of it is rocket science (famous last words )just a pain to get to .

Comment

Good luck

Comment

If your unsure what your doing, then the subframe needs removed, but we normally just drop it at one end and jam the box to allow access.

Comment

Never done it myself, but if you're touching the csc make sure you read all the advice on here about bleeding it, so many get it all back together only to have to do it again because the csc is a bleeding nightmare (pun intended ).

Comment

Never done it myself. 2atched plenty of ur man who does them on YouTube. Looks fairly involved to wrestle with car supported on a few stands but yeh doable for a confident diyer I guess and saving 300 is always nice. If I was doing it I'd be sticking with dmf no conversions. Maintain scrupulous cleanliness with flywheel etc and as mentioned make sure csc is bled prior to reinstall. Dropping whole subframe will defo add hours, as others mention an alternative is to stoop just enough to separate box from engine and is prob what I'd attempt

Good luck

Sent from my SM-A217F using Tapatalk

Comment

As DR DREW said the CSC bleeding technique,
                      its like making love to a woman
                      fill it full of liquid
                      Pump it a few times
                      And see what comes out !
                      Its the old "cream pie " technique
                      Though don't go into my local bakers and ask for a "cream pie "
                      I remember someone I knew did that and " big doug the Baker " came out from the back kitchen where he had been fondling a 12"panini, and filling tarts with cream .
                      and told the chap that if he asked for a cream pie again, he would become part of the M25 Lane improvement programme!

.K.M.P.C.U
                      YEEEEEEEEHAAAAAAAAA

Comment

Subframe left in place,and on axle stands

07376369067https://www.williamsmobileclutch.co.ukSupport the Channel Donate:https://www.paypal.com/donate?hosted_button_id=NMRKVSE3L49A4
                        ​2015 Sri vx line nav BiTurbo . Sri heated leather.5500k AFL . Vx line 20s,8inch LCD dash .FLEXride.Reverse cam.Irmscher grill.235hp and 480 torqs.30mm lowering springs.20mm H&R spacers all round. Mtec drilled discs on rear,VXR 355mm drilled on front,with Brembo 4 pot calipers. Auto wipers .VX puddle lights.Carbon effect black roof wrap.Irmscher roof spoiler.Irmscher side skirts.

Comment

Something else to think of while you are under there is the oil pickup seal if the gearbox doesn't have the cut outs to access the sump bolts you would need to split engine and gearbox to get to them, so while it's apart it might be worth doing? I think they're just a few quid.

Comment

ok guys i started this today getting the gearbox separated from engine . tomoz is fit new clutch and slave time .. does anybody know the torque settings for the pressure plate and slave please . ive had a search but can only find the slave setting which came up as 6nm ? does that sound right guys seems low..

cheers fellas

dave

Comment

Can't find anything for the csc,pressure plate:
                              M7 BOLTS 15NM
                              M8 BOLTS 22NM
                              Insignia Elite 16T,Royal Blue non Nav. + added,
                              Heko Wind Deflectors,Alloy Pedal Covers.Led full Interior,Polished Alloy Door Pins,Osram Diadem Opel Rear indicator Bulbs,Led Reverse Light Upgrade,Gear Surround Red Leds,Led reg plate lights,Nighteye Fog lamp Bulbs,Osram Night Breaker Laser Cornering Bulbs,Rear Sunblinds,Nextbase 522GW front/rear window cam,upgraded front speakers,SS Exhaust,6000k Xenon Bulbs,Thinkdiag Diagnostic Tool

Comment

Working...
                              X