help for a friend

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• help for a friend

A friend in my street has a 16 plate insignia B 2.0l 170 auto and today he went out to his car and it wouldnt crank. All the lights on the dash were going out when trying to crank the engine. He assumed a flat battery and went and brought a new one. He fitted it but it does exactly the same thing. Position 2 and the dash comes on and radio ect... but when he turns the key everything dies.

He has Vauxhall coming out in the monring to collect the car but im just intereted in what you guys think.

I suspect duff batteries ( old and new ) and our friend says immobiser related?

Why doesn't your friend join us?

Could be the starter knackered
    https://insignia-drivers.uk/filedata/fetch?filedataid=7610&sigpic=1

Comment

Originally posted by RBH View Post
      Why doesn't your friend join us?

Could be the starter knackered
      I did suggest to him that he joins but he isnt into cars at all. If it breaks he takes it to a garage kinda guy.

I forgot to mention that his neighbour tried to jump start him from his car before he brought the new battery and that didnt work so your probably right about the starter. I think his neighbour was a bit worried that trying to jump start it did more damage thn good as after that the electrics started playing up.

Vauxhall are comming to recover tha car tomorrow and then he will know for sure. Apparently the car has been running spot on and this is the first issue hes every had with it

Comment

Update

It was the starter motor that died

Comment

Originally posted by justin43 View Post
          Update

It was the starter motor that died
          all the more reason he should join up.......answered his problem in 1 post........without any intervention from Vauxhall

Comment

What's it do to the gallon?
            Insignia Elite 16T,Royal Blue non Nav. + added,
            Heko Wind Deflectors,Alloy Pedal Covers.Led full Interior,Polished Alloy Door Pins,Osram Diadem Opel Rear indicator Bulbs,Led Reverse Light Upgrade,Gear Surround Red Leds,Led reg plate lights,Nighteye Fog lamp Bulbs,Osram Night Breaker Laser Cornering Bulbs,Rear Sunblinds,Nextbase 522GW front/rear window cam,upgraded front speakers,SS Exhaust,6000k Xenon Bulbs,Thinkdiag Diagnostic Tool

Comment

Originally posted by Howy View Post
              What's it do to the gallon?
              Nowt if it ain't running

Comment

Well over 88mpg!
                Insignia Elite 16T,Royal Blue non Nav. + added,
                Heko Wind Deflectors,Alloy Pedal Covers.Led full Interior,Polished Alloy Door Pins,Osram Diadem Opel Rear indicator Bulbs,Led Reverse Light Upgrade,Gear Surround Red Leds,Led reg plate lights,Nighteye Fog lamp Bulbs,Osram Night Breaker Laser Cornering Bulbs,Rear Sunblinds,Nextbase 522GW front/rear window cam,upgraded front speakers,SS Exhaust,6000k Xenon Bulbs,Thinkdiag Diagnostic Tool

Comment

Working...
                X