Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Looks like I bought a lemon - Looking for advice (EGR and glowplug issues????)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Opelduude View Post
    Not really related but it seems like you have pretty cheap cars in the UK but the prices for parts are really expensive?
    A 2012 Insignia fully loaded sells used for Around £9000 here in Norway. 2014 facelift models are sold at around £ 13 000 in good condition.
    that’s it, I’m going to sell my 2012 sri in Norway!!

Comment

Originally posted by LondonsFinest009 View Post

that’s it, I’m going to sell my 2012 sri in Norway!!
      Too bad the steering wheel is at the wrong side :P
      I bought my 2014 country tourer 11 months ago for £ 17 204 with 89 477 miles on it. Now they go for about £ 14 900. Pretty big loss in 11 months and i just spent £ 1162 on it. New propshaft and haldex pump. The drivetrain insurace coverd 50% of the cost since it's under 8 years old.

Comment

The Lemon has been sold and picked up yesterday for £850 so pretty big loss (2012 insignia with over 160k miles and the issues mentioned previously).

Some how they've managed to source and fit
        -4 pressure glowplugs
        -EGR
        -DPF sensor
        -Boost hose

And have listed it for £1895. I am skeptical that they managed to do all that in one day but who knows. Someone might be buying a lemon for more than I did but it's outside of my control now.

Comment

All the parts are readily available mate.
          removing and replacing them all is not even half a shift.

Any place with knowledge would turn this around easily and make a profit
          selling at £1895 - they're only gonna have a profit of around £300

Comment

Originally posted by RBH View Post
            All the parts are readily available mate.
            removing and replacing them all is not even half a shift.

Any place with knowledge would turn this around easily and make a profit
            selling at £1895 - they're only gonna have a profit of around £300
            Yea, I guess that's fair enough. I'm just skeptical as it's a different Facebook account selling them which has 3x 1 star reviews and nothing else. If they did repair it properly, then yea, £300 isn't great for them if they can sell it at that price. Baring in mind the timing belt will need doing in 10k and I don't think the oil pickup seal has been looked at yet.

Comment

Beware the next buyer because if he is a " trader " selling cars off his own driveway, then the buyer has no comeback,
              you never know, whoever buys it may end up on here .......watch this space!

.K.M.P.C.U
              YEEEEEEEEHAAAAAAAAA

Comment

So dissapointed to hear that this car didnt work for you, dont let this one put you off others.
                Some of them issues could probably have been fixed with second hand parts, but I appreciate your dilema, sometimes better to cut your losses than start doing a bit of trial and error.

Just out of curiosity, did you buy it private? Apologies if you have mentioned this already, I may have missed it. Did you not have any way to go back? With private I guess not but if it was a garage?

Good luck with your next purchase...

Comment

Originally posted by Vx-Man-G View Post
                  So dissapointed to hear that this car didnt work for you, dont let this one put you off others.
                  Some of them issues could probably have been fixed with second hand parts, but I appreciate your dilema, sometimes better to cut your losses than start doing a bit of trial and error.

Just out of curiosity, did you buy it private? Apologies if you have mentioned this already, I may have missed it. Did you not have any way to go back? With private I guess not but if it was a garage?

Good luck with your next purchase...
                  Yep, private sale. I did message the seller but led to nothing.

My local garages would only fit OEM and I wasn't confident to do it myself. The buyer was trade so at a profit of 300 and having to refund if something goes wrong, it's quite high risk for them.

Comment

Originally posted by M.J. View Post

Yep, private sale. I did message the seller but led to nothing.

My local garages would only fit OEM and I wasn't confident to do it myself. The buyer was trade so at a profit of 300 and having to refund if something goes wrong, it's quite high risk for them.
                    Fair enough mate, dont let this deter you from a future purchase, they're not all bad.

All the best.

Comment

Thanks everyone

P.S. definitely sold to dodgy dealer. My friend sent multiple questions and they lied on all of them. Apparently, they've owned the car for 2 years. I had only had it for 4weeks.

Comment

So he's a trader pretending to be a private seller,
                        that way no one has comeback on the seller if they buy it, how he going to explain the different name and address on the registration document?
                        also using a different account to sell it from the one they brought it on
                        That smells more fishy than captain birds eyes fingers ,

.K.M.P.C.U
                        YEEEEEEEEHAAAAAAAAA

Comment

Originally posted by lizzard-t View Post
                          So he's a trader pretending to be a private seller,
                          that way no one has comeback on the seller if they buy it, how he going to explain the different name and address on the registration document?
                          also using a different account to sell it from the one they brought it on
                          That smells more fishy than captain birds eyes fingers ,
                          Apparently it has a had a new cam belt and tyres in his 2 years of ownership with no fault whatsoever. Makes my blood boil.

Comment

Share the listing, we'll bombard him with some specific time waiting questions

Comment

Working...
                            X