X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• P2122 Throttle position switch error - FIXED

P2122 Throttle Position Sensor D Circuit Low Input

Been having problems for a while with this and gradually getting worse, so today took some time to fix it. Plugged in a data logger and I could clearly see the signal from the pedal dropping when the issue is logged by the ECU. The monitor shows the Thottle pedal position is normally at ~19% while idling and rising to 80%+ when pressing the pedal. The datalogger showed an intermittent dropping down to 0% of "Pedal D" signal, this is what triggers error P2122 and puts the car into "Reduced Power" mode.
    1. I removed the thottle pedal, which is held in with a single 10mm hex head bolt.
    2. Reproduced error by gentally wiggling the circuit board contacts. Found top most one was only lightly touching hte board.
    3. I cleaned my carbon tracks with some brake cleaner. Take care not to disturb the carbon-track runners, they are very delicate.
    4. Applied addional contact pressure, by showing-it-who's-boss, between connectors and circuit board. (Other options would be to solder the contacts to the circuit board, but maybe this is overkill.)
    5. Refitted and tried to recreate issue unsuccessfully - which is good news!

Click image for larger version  Name:	DSC_4058~3.jpg Views:	0 Size:	98.0 KB ID:	328033
    Click image for larger version  Name:	DSC_4058.jpg Views:	0 Size:	104.2 KB ID:	328034

Nice write up and it's good to know that this can be done at home instead of getting ripped off at a dealers.

Well done
    ​​

Comment

Made it a sticky so this may help others in future.

Comment

Good info.
        Insignia Elite 16T,Royal Blue non Nav. + added,
        Heko Wind Deflectors,Alloy Pedal Covers.Led full Interior,Polished Alloy Door Pins,Osram Diadem Opel Rear indicator Bulbs,Led Reverse Light Upgrade,Gear Surround Red Leds,Led reg plate lights,Nighteye Fog lamp Bulbs,Osram Night Breaker Laser Cornering Bulbs,Rear Sunblinds,Nextbase 522GW front/rear window cam,upgraded front speakers,SS Exhaust,6000k Xenon Bulbs,Thinkdiag Diagnostic Tool

Comment

Now this is what we like, you've been here only a few days and what a contribution, we'll Done bud...

Comment

Fantastic write up,
            because there's atleast 2 members with this code and they say they have replaced that, but the fault is still there ,

.K.M.P.C.U
            YEEEEEEEEHAAAAAAAAA

Comment

I have this very same problem, tried the above and was ok for a few days then back on again. Turn engine off power back but eml still on. Anyone replaced with a new part to solve or could it be a software issue?

Comment

So you have P2122 code ?
                have you scanned it since the repair to see if it's the same code ?
                i know somewhere in 'this vault of knowledge I discribed to someone about diagnostic test to Carry out .to see if,its wiring , throttle end or ECM end .ill try dig it out for you .

.K.M.P.C.U
                YEEEEEEEEHAAAAAAAAA

Comment

Working...
                X