Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Engine oil low - check oil level

Hi everyone,

Recently I keep getting this message, but when I check the oil level it is fine. Always happens when engine is warm. First time it happened was couple of hundred milkes after its first service. They couldn't find anything when I booked it back in. Now its happening more frequently and its due its second service.

Could it be a sensor that's gone or just one of the insignia's characteristics?
    Insignia Elite Nav 2ltr SIDI Turbo 250PS, Pearlescent Emerald Green, VX-Line Interior, VX-Line Exterior Styling Kit, Premium Brandy Nappa Sports Leather, 20" Elite Multi Spoke Alloy Wheels, 8" Digital Drivers Display, Bose Premium Audio System, Front Camera Pack, Rear View Camera, Adaptive Cruise Control, Advanced Park Assist, Rear Privacy Glass, Keyless Entry & Start, Tyre Pressure Monitoring System, Factory Fitted Towbar

Update:

In to Vauxhall again for more investigation into frequent oil level low warnings. No trouble codes set in ECU. Full system reset conducted (meaning I have lost the remap now and will have to get it put back on after the ECM callibration update comes out eventually). Still no joy and warnings still appearing. Now they say it must be the pressure switch in the sump sticking, so new pressure switch and sump ordered - apparently you have to replace sump when it is removed to get at the pressure switch??

Will update when parts ordered and goes back in.
    Insignia Elite Nav 2ltr SIDI Turbo 250PS, Pearlescent Emerald Green, VX-Line Interior, VX-Line Exterior Styling Kit, Premium Brandy Nappa Sports Leather, 20" Elite Multi Spoke Alloy Wheels, 8" Digital Drivers Display, Bose Premium Audio System, Front Camera Pack, Rear View Camera, Adaptive Cruise Control, Advanced Park Assist, Rear Privacy Glass, Keyless Entry & Start, Tyre Pressure Monitoring System, Factory Fitted Towbar

Comment

andy-g, on 16 February 2013 - 01:30 PM, said:
      Seems daft that you have to buy a sump to get a switch .

My thoughts too Andy

Comment

Would have been a good information to have if this solved the problem?

Comment

Don't really know if this resolved the issue because not long after the work was done the car was written off.

Comment

Would of been nice to know exactly what engine was fitted before it's demise..but talk about thread resurrection.!

.K.M.P.C.U
            YEEEEEEEEHAAAAAAAAA

Comment

Working...
            X