MAF sensor at idle reading

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by lizzard-t View Post
    It can be part of the intake air temperature system , allowing, more or less fuel as the ambient temperature rises and falls especially with cold starts .
    but like a temperature sensor for the ECU or like an old fashion choke system.
    is that last screen shot with the engine not running ?if so why is the MAF showing a value of 277.27 GS .?
    I would just for an experiment disconnect the battery for a couple of hours, then re-connect, start the car and let it idle for 10 minutes so it re-learns the base values then connect opcom and get live data from there .
    That was the last screenshot after I had done what you suggested and rev the car and then switch it off, I switched it off as I took my foot off the gas. Maybe I did it wrong and ended up with that reading?

I've never had maf sensor readings like that before.

Comment

Bit of an update on this issue.

I brought a brand new Bosch MAF sensor and fitted it and I also replaced the intake temperature sensor and the the issue is still there and no fault codes.

When I first started it it was band on the reading it should be bit after about 10 seconds the reading dropped to 5-6 g/s again.

I'm at a loss now what it could be.

I've noticed on Opcom that there is an option to " replace MAF sensor " would this need doing?

Anybody got any other suggestions?

Ta

Comment

Originally posted by justin43 View Post
        Anybody got any other suggestions?
        Another car

Comment

Originally posted by RBH View Post

Another car
          It was feeling that way

Comment

Final update
            I unplugged the TB and EGR valve and the MAF reading went up to what they should be. I plugged the TB back in and the readings stayed the same, I then plugged the EGR in and the readings plummeted and the engine ran rough.

Looks like it will be getting mapped out asap

Comment

Working...
            X