P000E Baffled!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• P000E Baffled!

Hi everyone, really come to the end of my patience now…been cleaning everything to try and figure out what on earth keeps making this fault code return under the SVS message.

Vehicle: 2014 eco flex 2.0l cdti. Mileage 118,456

Almost 2 months now without succeeding in getting completely rid of this pain in the arse error code.
    P000E, I have replaced the Fuel Pressure Regulator with a brand new part.
    I have cleaned the EGR valve and MAP sensor, cleaned all glow plugs which looked spotless anyway,

Fuel Filter was replaced last year at 114,500 roughly without looking at the service booklet.

I just can’t think of anything else now other than the in-tank fuel pump which sounds exactly as it should when it primes, so I wouldn’t think it’s that.

lastly would be the fuel pressure sensor itself which looks basically brand new.

Please note that my car has never once gone into Limp mode

Any help will be hugely welcome.

Thanks Everyone

I'm sure the fault code shown has something to do with fuel volume, not pressure.

Comment

Any idea what the cause would be then? Would it be the fuel pump? I don’t want to be buying a pressure sensor to be honest as it’s not showing an error code for that.
      I’ve changed the fuel regulator valve so it can’t be that which is causing it

Comment

https://insignia-drivers.uk/forum/in...se%F0%9F%98%86

Read post 11
        Insignia Elite Nav 2ltr SIDI Turbo 250PS, Pearlescent Emerald Green, VX-Line Interior, VX-Line Exterior Styling Kit, Premium Brandy Nappa Sports Leather, 20" Elite Multi Spoke Alloy Wheels, 8" Digital Drivers Display, Bose Premium Audio System, Front Camera Pack, Rear View Camera, Adaptive Cruise Control, Advanced Park Assist, Rear Privacy Glass, Keyless Entry & Start, Tyre Pressure Monitoring System, Factory Fitted Towbar

Comment

I’ll go out to the car and have a look now, I’m sure I’ve checked the breathers and haven’t came across anything out the ordinary but I’ll take another look. Thank you

Comment

Have you checked wiring?
            even though the code is for the fuel volume sensor it dose not mean its a component failure it could well be a wiring issue,
            In that case you have to start looking at the wiring.
            firing the parts cannon is expensive!

.K.M.P.C.U
            YEEEEEEEEHAAAAAAAAA

Comment

I have checked all the wiring harness in the engine bag and it’s all good, I thought maybe a wiring had been trapped in some way but no.

Comment

The in tank fuel pump is just a low pressure pump its to build up pressure which is lost over night ..
                the high pressure pump delivers the diesel to the common rail .
                Dose the car start OK first thing in the morning?

.K.M.P.C.U
                YEEEEEEEEHAAAAAAAAA

Comment

Thanks for that, I honestly don’t think it’s related to the fuel pump personally but I guess I could be wrong.

Yes the car starts perfectly every time, first thing in the morning and when I leave work to come home.
                  Once I clear the code, I can start the engine roughly 7-8 times before it returns again, not sure if this guides anyone in the right direction

Comment

Just been out to check the breather pipes and found no holes or anywhere that’s missing a plug/bung.

I have taken two photos of the engine bay, one showing the only missing bolt that I came across, would anyone know if this could be the culprit?

Comment

Did you buy the car with this fault ?
                      have you had a check of the fuel pressure sensor on the back of the high pressure pump ?.
                      when you say the light comes back on after a certain number of starts is this just by turning it off and re-starting it , without driving it ?
                      have you checked the return lines to the tank for splits or kinking

.K.M.P.C.U
                      YEEEEEEEEHAAAAAAAAA

Comment

No it only started a few months ago, I’ll check the return lines tomorrow.
                        I’ve replaced the fuel pressure regulator that goes at the back of the intake manifold, that I believe goes into the high pressure pump.
                        the pressure sensor I believe is mounted to the left hand side of the fuel rain (not changed)

Comment

Yes the fuel pressure sensor would be the logical component to replace as that monitors the pressure/ volume .
                          just out of curiosity what code reader are you using ?
                          as that code is generic .

.K.M.P.C.U
                          YEEEEEEEEHAAAAAAAAA

Comment

Originally posted by nathan_mcgrory View Post
                            Just been out to check the breather pipes and found no holes or anywhere that’s missing a plug/bung.

I have taken two photos of the engine bay, one showing the only missing bolt that I came across, would anyone know if this could be the culprit?
                            also have that missing bolt so not sure if it’s meant to be like that.

Comment

Lizzard, I have a cheap one from ECP which is the one that keeps showing that fault code but I also have the Foxwell NT301 which never shows a fault strangely enough.

I think I’m going to replace the fuel filter first to rule that out and at the same time order a new pressure sensor. That way I have a few days after the filter change to see if that makes any difference before fitting the new sensor

Comment

Working...
                              X