Failing Halfdex - car shakes periodically on reverse when turning

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Failing Halfdex - car shakes periodically on reverse when turning

Anyone can tell me what are the symptoms to a failing Halfdex?

Went to Denmark on holliday 2.5 weeks ago been driving the car aprox 600 km, arrived to Copenhagen and suddenly it feels weird from the back especially when reversing and turning slowly,
    feels almost like the car is dragging the wheels or locking but can't see them dragging.

I love to hear you good people's feedback on this if anyone has experience with it?

Perhaps posting it here is wrong but due to we already it ongoing so nicely here I taught it would be perfect here.

(what are the changes this happens to me 4 days after i found this nice thread, or is is as they say dont start to look for problem that doesnt exist

Opel said first is haldex then did a diagnosed not sure how didn't even check the fluids but says I need a ned differential they don't repair them In Denmark opel bur only a new one price 5 600£

I don't trust them any longer has the car moved to Sweden Opel for another opinion next week is weird and hate the guessing still what could this be I love to hear others experience with this isn't it use to that the wheels just spin instead of this weird shaking?

Yep, it's Haldex going or gone mate. Reverse slowly on both full locks and the wheels feel like they're skipping. 100% Haldex bud...

Comment

Thanks bro. That was what I was afraid of.

We'll got to ship it to Tom Goodman
      Workshop Manager, Thorney Motorsport for a rebuild cheapest way what I can think of at the moment but first need to find a workshop here in Sweden who will want to help me take if of the car.

Appricagr it thanks man

Comment

I'm pretty sure there is a place in the Netherlands somewhere where Thorney get their parts from, that may be an option to have it rebuild nearer to yourself, may be cheaper too. I'll have a look and see what I can find bud...

Comment

Originally posted by Lizard View Post
          I'm pretty sure there is a place in the Netherlands somewhere where Thorney get their parts from, that may be an option to have it rebuild nearer to yourself, may be cheaper too. I'll have a look and see what I can find bud...
          Ooh man that would the best because I really would appreciate. Thank you bro.
          The car is really amazing one of the best cars I have ever had.

Appreciate it so much a million million thanks

Comment

First point of call would be to get a service done on the unit bud, change the fluids, gasket, clean out the unit and replace the filter, it's surprising how much crap accumulates in it. It MAY remedy the issue but would at least give you a bit more time to plan the full repair...

https://www.google.com/search?q=insi...GBiLCn1Fktl9jM
            Last edited by Lizard; 16-07-2022, 08:52 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Lizard View Post
              First point of call would be to get a service done on the unit bud, change the fluids, gasket, clean out the unit and replace the filter, it's surprising how much crap accumulates in it. It MAY remedy the issue but would at least give you a bit ore time to plan the full repair...

https://www.google.com/search?q=insi...GBiLCn1Fktl9jM
              I will start of getting that done for sure. A million thanks bro. Yes the issue isn't that bad right now I really cross my fingers

found this in case I will contact them to

Comment

If servicing doesn't work then change the pump as they tend to get clogged with crap, if you have an opel dealer near you then get them to flash the haldex software after the service is done to reset everything...

Comment

Thanks bud

The time i have next week is at opel so I will have them do it all at once for sure I also was told they will check if mine is already updated that there is an update available wich should give it a more smooth driving.

Also I now found out I have the right on my side 100% the car seller should cover all the repairs as all errors that occour on used cars within 6 month after purchase is automatically errors that was present at the purchase.
                  This is from ARN Sweden consumer law used cars a similar case where the car like ours had driven totallt 140.000 km and on recite the condition of the car is stated as uncertain in the product declaration therefore the seller was claimed to cover all cost and or cancel the purchase problem us seller keep deny even I sent him proof https://www.arn.se/vanligafall/fel-s...its-vid-kopet/

Lol so now I must have it fixed and then claim the cost sucks to have to deal with this but still I start wirh what u suggested and will also consult with Opel in this matter.

Best would be just replace it but let's start with the service wince seller denied I must this out first of course

A million thanks i really appreciate everything, have been a huge help and this big difference from other forums. Really thank you I haven't even been able to sleep just wondering and thinking since I never been in this situation before, else I just take care of this myselfe but we'll when it comes down to it maybe this is better

Huge thanks

Comment

SOLVED

A huge thanks the problem has been solved excactly as you predicted a simple service did it. The filter was dirty as hell replaced, oil replaced, gasket replaced.
                    Software was up to date so all good

Drove it home 350 km spinning as a
                    clutch (manul) feels much better woow

Amazing and this shows we really need be aware on the service intervals on these cars.

Saved me a lot of money thank you so so much

Comment

sry guys I posted wrongly and remove it again as I could not find out how to hehe.
                      Last edited by MartinOPC; 17-10-2022, 05:13 PM. Reason: Posted wrongly removed

Comment

Working...
                      X