Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

P0087

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • P0087

    Hi all,

    for the last month or so I’ve had this annoying crickety sound coming from the timing belt cover so booked it in for next Wednesday at my local.

    today Whilst mid regen I tried to overtake on the motorway and instant SVS and limp mode home.

    code p0087.

    would a failing high pressure fuel pump create such a sound? Cleaned Maf about 2 weeks ago, fuel filter changed last service.

    got some live data at idle but haven’t got a clue what it should be. Only puts me in limp mode whenever I boot it.

    this is the link to the sound him hearing.

    https://youtube.com/shorts/xRaCj1nVJi4?feature=share

    (ignore the oil over the sump, had a leak from the filter cap but I’ve sorted that)

    any suggestions would be great.

    thanks


  • #2
    Check the fuel pressure sensor on the end of the fuel rail .take it out and clean it .
    when was the fuel filter last changed ?
    go for the non expensive things first before going into panic button mode .
    and that kind of sound don't sound like pump related a high pressure fuel pump coukd cause rough running , mis fires and that kind of stuff
    if it's just as you bring on boost then
    it's either the above or an air leak as the car has a lean condition ( i.e. Too much air not enough fuel being supplied .


    .K.M.P.C.U
    YEEEEEEEEHAAAAAAAAA

    Comment


    • #3
      Originally posted by lizzard-t View Post
      Check the fuel pressure sensor on the end of the fuel rail .take it out and clean it .
      when was the fuel filter last changed ?
      go for the non expensive things first before going into panic button mode .
      fuel filter last changed in March,

      I’ll clean up the pressure sensor now and have a look.

      it’s just this noise that’s been bugging the hell out of me, YouTubed a few videos of bad high pressure fuel pumps and the tapping crickety sound is sounding just like mine.

      Comment


      • #4
        Have you tried putting your ear on the end of a screwdriver ( handle end ) and sticking near the aera , to try and pin point the noise .


        .K.M.P.C.U
        YEEEEEEEEHAAAAAAAAA

        Comment


        • #5
          Originally posted by lizzard-t View Post
          Have you tried putting your ear on the end of a screwdriver ( handle end ) and sticking near the aera , to try and pin point the noise .
          so, just cleaned the fuel pressure sensor. Cleared the code and put it on boost quite a lot. Reaching speeds I can’t comment and no SVS or limp mode.

          I’ll grab a new fuel filter tomorrow and replace it myself. The place that serviced it last didn’t tighten the oil filter enough and over tightened the sump plug to the point I had to get a socket extractor kit on it so I’m going to double check more than anything that they’ve actually changed it.

          just leaves this noise, I’ve tried the screwdriver trick but no luck. Just sounds like it’s coming from the belt area. It’s going in on Wednesday so I’ll get him to have a proper listen.

          Comment


          • #6
            Also failed to mention this happened probably 20 miles after putting in 30L of Tesco diesel.

            I always thought the noise was a tensioner or pulley.

            Comment


            • #7
              I've known a few cars have the crank pully make a weird sound.
              due to the fact some have a harmonic suppression device that deteriorated.
              You talking about tescos fuel , yes I had that quite a few times my old vectra use to run like a bag of plumbers spanners .


              .K.M.P.C.U
              YEEEEEEEEHAAAAAAAAA

              Comment


              • #8
                Did you get yer club card points????

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by RBH View Post
                  Did you get yer club card points????

                  too make it worse I put it on my mrs Clubcard

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    "EVERY LITTLE HELPS" !
                    ( but not in this case )


                    .K.M.P.C.U
                    YEEEEEEEEHAAAAAAAAA

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Genuine GM filter, so hasn’t been changed since 2018 by the looks of it.

                      Can’t imagine that’s a filter from March this year and last time it was serviced at the stealers was 2018.

                      so looks like they’ve lied through there teeth about changing the filter in March.

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        The colour of that , it could be mistaken for being a used oil filter ,disgusting!
                        its a chance we take putting things like that in other people's hands .


                        I've been having second thoughts about the service that was carried out on my car it was dare i say it done by Halfords, due to the warranty!


                        .K.M.P.C.U
                        YEEEEEEEEHAAAAAAAAA

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          That filters older than me ffs

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Originally posted by lizzard-t View Post
                            The colour of that , it could be mistaken for being a used oil filter ,disgusting!
                            its a chance we take putting things like that in other people's hands .


                            I've been having second thoughts about the service that was carried out on my car it was dare i say it done by Halfords, due to the warranty!
                            It was a local indi that I had to use whilst my usual mechanic was on holiday.

                            never again will I be back there, leaking oil filter, overtightened sump plug, and didn’t change the fuel filter.

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Originally posted by LondonsFinest009 View Post

                              It was a local indi that I had to use whilst my usual mechanic was on holiday.

                              never again will I be back there, leaking oil filter, overtightened sump plug, and didn’t change the fuel filter.

                              Shocking mate

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X