So umm where's the exhaust pipe?? :)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• So umm where's the exhaust pipe?? :)

Probably extremely dumb question, wanted to put a chrome exhaust and was faced with this

Click image for larger version

Name:	20221029_115955.jpg
Views:	152
Size:	90.9 KB
ID:	338432

Maybe not entirely clear by the photo but the exhaust pipe stops short of the rear bumper by 30cm or more. This is unlike any car I've seen...?

I can see it.....

It all depends on the model of your car.

Some have visible tails, some don't.
    You can extend it yourself if your handy or take it to somewhere who will fabricate you an extension.

Comment

Hi,Lot's of manufacturers are 'hiding' the exhaust to make the rear end look better,rear bumper design,'fake' exhaust tips within the bumper on some models.
      Insignia Elite 16T,Royal Blue non Nav. + added,
      Heko Wind Deflectors,Alloy Pedal Covers.Led full Interior,Polished Alloy Door Pins,Osram Diadem Opel Rear indicator Bulbs,Led Reverse Light Upgrade,Gear Surround Red Leds,Led reg plate lights,Nighteye Fog lamp Bulbs,Osram Night Breaker Laser Cornering Bulbs,Rear Sunblinds,Nextbase 522GW front/rear window cam,upgraded front speakers,SS Exhaust,6000k Xenon Bulbs,Thinkdiag Diagnostic Tool

Comment

Mind blown. It looks by design as it aims at the pavement, so this is completely fine?

This whole post probably tells of my inexperience with modern cars, I've clung to my Corolla T-Sport hatchback for a good long while. <3

Q: Is this normal for the model in signature! This is my only question. Not looking to extend it just to have a pipe out the back or anything

Comment

Originally posted by HenrikErlandsson View Post
          Probably extremely dumb question, wanted to put a chrome exhaust and was faced with this

Click image for larger version  Name:	20221029_115955.jpg Views:	12 Size:	90.9 KB ID:	338432

Maybe not entirely clear by the photo but the exhaust pipe stops short of the rear bumper by 30cm or more. This is unlike any car I've seen...?
          they are designed that way to give extra boost to the back , the downward pipe actually lifts the rear end for more aerodynamics

Comment

maybe

Comment

Originally posted by HenrikErlandsson View Post
              Mind blown. It looks by design as it aims at the pavement, so this is completely fine?

This whole post probably tells of my inexperience with modern cars, I've clung to my Corolla T-Sport hatchback for a good long while. <3

Q: Is this normal for the model in signature! This is my only question. Not looking to extend it just to have a pipe out the back or anything
              If you want a visible tailpipe......then it needs to be extended.

Or you won't see it.

Comment

It harks back to when diesel cars were dirty , it was supposed to deflect the deposits in a conspicuous way.
                but thats rubbish because they hit the tarmac and bounce back up.
                But diesels have become cleaner than a nuns mind so now you see them running around with huge tail trims on them, but if you look underneath its all just for show
                my car has 2 rocket launchers on the back and it's diesel. And they are real .

.K.M.P.C.U
                YEEEEEEEEHAAAAAAAAA

Comment

I see. So it's normal. Cheers gents, you saved me an embarrassing call to the dealer It's going on a lift next week at a Vauxhall (well it's called Opel over here) shop.

Comment

Working...
                  X