Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Service Vehicle Soon - Glow Plugs

Hey all
    I've done the usual Google search and came up with the infamous glow plug issue!

I've got the ecoflex engine with four extremely expensive glow plugs with pressure sensors fitted....urgh!

Is there any diagnostics software out there that can tell me which glow plug is at fault? I don't fancy changing all four at this price point.

I've got Torque Pro but it's far too generic

Thank you

Thinkdiag from this forum and a discount!
    Insignia Elite 16T,Royal Blue non Nav. + added,
    Heko Wind Deflectors,Alloy Pedal Covers.Led full Interior,Polished Alloy Door Pins,Osram Diadem Opel Rear indicator Bulbs,Led Reverse Light Upgrade,Gear Surround Red Leds,Led reg plate lights,Nighteye Fog lamp Bulbs,Osram Night Breaker Laser Cornering Bulbs,Rear Sunblinds,Nextbase 522GW front/rear window cam,upgraded front speakers,SS Exhaust,6000k Xenon Bulbs,Thinkdiag Diagnostic Tool

Comment

I used a old copy of opcom that does upto 2010 my car is a 64 plate and it connects and reads codes no problem or If you have a multimeter you could measure the resistance of each glow plug to find the faulty one.

Comment

Originally posted by markf497 View Post
        I used a old copy of opcom that does upto 2010 my car is a 64 plate and it connects and reads codes no problem or If you have a multimeter you could measure the resistance of each glow plug to find the faulty one.
        That doesn't work of the sensor part is broken. It can then still work as a glow plug but not anymore as a sensor.

Comment

I've requested the discount code and I'm just awaiting the response
          just to double check - you can see the information about each individual glow plug using thinkdiag, right?

Comment

Hi, have a read:
            ThinkDiag Forum Discount - Insignia Drivers UK Forum (insignia-drivers.uk)
            Heko Wind Deflectors,Alloy Pedal Covers.Led full Interior,Polished Alloy Door Pins,Osram Diadem Opel Rear indicator Bulbs,Led Reverse Light Upgrade,Gear Surround Red Leds,Led reg plate lights,Nighteye Fog lamp Bulbs,Osram Night Breaker Laser Cornering Bulbs,Rear Sunblinds,Nextbase 522GW front/rear window cam,upgraded front speakers,SS Exhaust,6000k Xenon Bulbs,Thinkdiag Diagnostic Tool

Comment

There's nothing about a readout of the individual pressure sensors on each glow plug - Just a "glow plug control module reset"

I've asked the question to thinkdiag directly and I'm awaiting their response

Comment

It will give you the fault code
                ie if you gave p0670 then its the control module
                If its p0671 its glow plug number 1
                if its p0672 its glow plug number 2
                If its p0673 its glow plug number 3
                If its p0674 its glow plug number 4 .

The pressure sensor on the glow plug has nothing to do with the heating processes of the glow plug it just measures the cylinder pressure on overrun .

.K.M.P.C.U
                YEEEEEEEEHAAAAAAAAA

Comment

Perfect, Thank you. My order is submitted!

Comment

I had my Thinkdiag delivered today and scanned the car.....glow plug number 2 is at fault.

There were 19 faults in total but they all relate to the radio module (I have retrofitted module with all the bells and whistles) and one for the right hand headlight (it's working so I'm not bothered!)

I'll clear all the codes when the glow plug is fitted
                    What a great piece of kit and worth every penny! I'll be scanning the other halfs car at some point for a health check
                    Thanks all!

Comment

Once you get used to finding your way around it's a good tool to have.I've done most of the motors in our family.

Comment

All done!

Here's the state of the faulty glow plug -

Click image for larger version  Name:	PXL_20221118_134947920.jpg Views:	0 Size:	37.2 KB ID:	339077

The end is covered in black gunk.

Replaced with a brand new Beru plug (part no GM55590467). You can find the part number half way down the plug (as seen in the above pic)

You need a 12mm deep socket and a pair of needle nose pliers if you've got fat fingers.

Cleared all faults with ThinkDiag and went for a drive. No issues whatsoever. Sorted!

Comment

OPL monitor showed me which one.

Comment

Working...
                          X