Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Whining sound when decelerating/food off pedal

Hello,

I bought a 2015 automatic Insignia last week and since I bought it it has made a whining sound when decelerating or my foot is off the pedal. It is most noticable when decelerating from 40 to 25 mph and seems to get louder once the engine has warmed up.

I can hear it quite clearly over the radio and it seems to be coming from the driver side of the engine.

I had a look at previous posts and online and I think it may be one of three things:
    • Fault with turbo or pipes related to turbo
    • Fault with drive belt or tensioners
    • Fault with automatic gearbox

Apart from the noise the car seems to drive ok, gearbox can be a little jolty when downshifting but I am used to a hybrid car that switches to the electric motor when decelerating.

I have a recording from my dashcam here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HgPVgg2inhU The sound is louder in person as the camera is picking up road noise.

Any idea what might be causing this sound?

Thanks in advance,

Laurence

Edit: The car also had a new cam belt installed just before I bought the car.

Edit: Also worth noting that if I put the car in neutral the sound immediately goes away, this is making me think it is gearbox related.

Hi,oil level correct?
    Any warranty if from a dealer?
    Insignia Elite 16T,Royal Blue non Nav. + added,
    Heko Wind Deflectors,Alloy Pedal Covers.Led full Interior,Polished Alloy Door Pins,Osram Diadem Opel Rear indicator Bulbs,Led Reverse Light Upgrade,Gear Surround Red Leds,Led reg plate lights,Nighteye Fog lamp Bulbs,Osram Night Breaker Laser Cornering Bulbs,Rear Sunblinds,Nextbase 522GW front/rear window cam,upgraded front speakers,SS Exhaust,6000k Xenon Bulbs,Thinkdiag Diagnostic Tool

Comment

Hi Howy,

It has just been serviced and checking the dipstick seems to be at the correct oil level.

I bought the car from a dealer and purchased the RAC platinum warranty. It’s been under 30 days so also should be covered by consumer rights act.

I ideally don’t want to return the car if it’s a simple fix but if it’s something serious then I would rather return and buy a different insignia.

Comment

Originally posted by Laurence96 View Post
        Hi Howy,

It has just been serviced and checking the dipstick seems to be at the correct oil level.

I bought the car from a dealer and purchased the RAC platinum warranty. It’s been under 30 days so also should be covered by consumer rights act.

I ideally don’t want to return the car if it’s a simple fix but if it’s something serious then I would rather return and buy a different insignia.
        I'd get it back to them to sort/diagnose to be honest.
        Heko Wind Deflectors,Alloy Pedal Covers.Led full Interior,Polished Alloy Door Pins,Osram Diadem Opel Rear indicator Bulbs,Led Reverse Light Upgrade,Gear Surround Red Leds,Led reg plate lights,Nighteye Fog lamp Bulbs,Osram Night Breaker Laser Cornering Bulbs,Rear Sunblinds,Nextbase 522GW front/rear window cam,upgraded front speakers,SS Exhaust,6000k Xenon Bulbs,Thinkdiag Diagnostic Tool

Comment

Originally posted by Howy View Post

I'd get it back to them to sort/diagnose to be honest.

I have let them know so hopefully they sort it. Will update with the outcome.

Comment

Hope it gets sorted for you.

Comment

Working...
            X