Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rattle from engine bay

Hi All

Im getting a rattle from the engine bay. I mad e a quick video of it today see attached.

The rattle started 1st thing this morning. But last week my wife heard a bang under the car and then this started today. It seems to be coming from either the power steering pump or the aircon pump. I noticed on the aircon pump there is an most sprocket type of metal that moves roud freely when I try to. I've by hand but when the aircon pully is moving it does not rotate with it. Is this normal see pic.

It looks like there is a hole for a screw on that pull too.

Also the tensioner looks like it's got a bit of wiggle on it so not sure if it's that. I put wd40 on the inside of both pullies to see if the noise reduced and it didnt..

Cheers
    Ian

Attached Files

If the tensioner is going wobbly then I would suggest that to be the culprit,
    some " expensive sounding rattles are down to either tensioners or idler pulleys,
    the air con clutch will engage and its quite normal what you have witnessed.

.K.M.P.C.U
    YEEEEEEEEHAAAAAAAAA

Comment

Cheers
      lizzard-t
      The Stig
      lizzard-t
      I think I'll get a new tensioner it only slight sideways movement on the tensioner. I should have replaced when I did the timing belt. Did the aux belt at the same time and didn't replace the tensioner.

Comment

Working...
      X