Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

A20 DTH oil pick up seal, Jerbor style or genuine??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yeah there's plenty of thread lock in there this time and not having a torque wrench that went any higher than 210nm I ended up torquing to 210 then nearly another 90 degrees with a scaffold bar until it snapped my 1/2" breaker.

Hopefully that should suffice.

Thank you for your help though, especially with the getting to the sump bolts.

Comment

So today I fitted the new pick up oil seal, it's amazing how brittle and hard these seals go before they do actually fail.

But anyone who is on the fence about having theirs done, it's not a massive job once you do it and it would be a shame to write the car off for the sake of an £8 seal.

Will probably replace mine as a service item if I keep the car, maybe every three to four years or when I next do cambelt.

Comment

Originally posted by chunky2778 View Post
        So today I fitted the new pick up oil seal, it's amazing how brittle and hard these seals go before they do actually fail.

But anyone who is on the fence about having theirs done, it's not a massive job once you do it and it would be a shame to write the car off for the sake of an £8 seal.

Will probably replace mine as a service item if I keep the car, maybe every three to four years or when I next do cambelt.
        Nice one bud.
        Well done.

Comment

Originally posted by chunky2778 View Post

Fair play to you if you did it outside in this weather! ​​​​

I did mine in July when heatstroke was a bigger risk. Like you, I'll do it as a service item; for what it costs its hardly worth risking the engine.

Comment

Originally posted by Mudster View Post

Fair play to you if you did it outside in this weather! ​​​​

I did mine in July when heatstroke was a bigger risk. Like you, I'll do it as a service item; for what it costs its hardly worth risking the engine.

I didn't do the seal outside but I've had the camshaft box off outside and done the cambelt/bottom crank pulley off twice in this weather

Comment

Working...
            X