Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Well done both, although I am confused as my Halfords Torx Screwdrivers only go up to T30 (it's the green and black set). I know I used it as I put another driver through the hole at the top of the T30 to give some turnage (new word) power. Wtf, maybe I had 4 x T30 bolts in there

Comment

Originally posted by Ruiz328 View Post
      Well done both, although I am confused as my Halfords Torx Screwdrivers only go up to T30 (it's the green and black set). I know I used it as I put another driver through the hole at the top of the T30 to give some turnage (new word) power. Wtf, maybe I had 4 x T30 bolts in there
      Had no problems at all with mine, gave those a gud squirt with some wd40, went for a fag and bobs ur uncle they came straight out

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Ruiz328 View Post
        A T30 will still fit in a T40 hole and undo the bolt. Its not until you try both sizes you would see how snug the correct size is.

Comment

Originally posted by Hindle1976 View Post

Had no problems at all with mine, gave those a gud squirt with some wd40, went for a fag and bobs ur uncle they came straight out

The bolts are not tight at all. The smaller ones are only 9nm so barely hand tight

Comment

Originally posted by justin43 View Post

The bolts are not tight at all. The smaller ones are only 9nm so barely hand tight
            I didn't know that at the time, so I figured what harm could it do, and besides….. I was gonna have a fag break at that point anyways, and knowing my luck Imight have snapped a bolt head, so I figured give them a squirt leave them for a few mins and et voila, I've never done a job this complex before so I figured if I went reasonably gentle on teardown I'm not gonna screw up

Comment

Originally posted by Hindle1976 View Post

I didn't know that at the time, so I figured what harm could it do, and besides….. I was gonna have a fag break at that point anyways, and knowing my luck Imight have snapped a bolt head, so I figured give them a squirt leave them for a few mins and et voila, I've never done a job this complex before so I figured if I went reasonably gentle on teardown I'm not gonna screw up

It seems to be the osrt of job that is a nightmare when your doing it but looking back now i bet i could do it in a few hours instead of 2 day .

Comment

Originally posted by justin43 View Post

It seems to be the osrt of job that is a nightmare when your doing it but looking back now i bet i could do it in a few hours instead of 2 day .
                I'd have to do it again a few more times but yes ur right, the older type ones where u just remove the sump, replace the seal, clean the sump and other components up, replace gasket and replace sump then job done in around 40 mins were much less of a pain in the arse to do, it's a classic case of what u need to do before hand

Comment

Ive just stumbled across an interesting picture that might help people out who have to drill their gearbox and are nervous about it.
                  Attached Files

Comment

It's ok, I need to do it again in a couple of months, I need to replace my dmf, so I figured I'll change the complete clutch assembly I got total piece of mind then and I know that my crutch isn't gonna go for at least another 140000

Comment

Hopefully getting mine done today while car is in for other work.

In the meantime, I found this! It's a change.org petition to include this as a recall, although I can't see it happening as it's not a "safety" issue. Can't hurt though! -> https://chng.it/dZBRsm9zdQ

Comment

Originally posted by noom9 View Post

In the meantime, I found this! It's a change.org petition to include this as a recall, although I can't see it happening as it's not a "safety" issue. Can't hurt though! -> https://chng.it/dZBRsm9zdQ
                        It's been going since 2018.....most of the owners who've signed it will be away other cars now sd their insignia will be in tjr scrap yard in the sky.

Comment

Originally posted by noom9 View Post

Signed even tho I've not long tackled the job myself, wish I'd have known about the dmf tho as I could have done it in one hit

Comment

Working...
                          X