No announcement yet.

m32 gearbox problem

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Defo a chocolate gearbox then as if it was the linkage it'd go in when idling RBH lizzard-t are the best ppl to help u on this one

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Just some questions MR JERRY RAFFERTY .
      1) was the gearbox working fine before you put the car on the ramps ? I.e. Forward and reverse gears operating without fault.
      2) did you or have you dropped something down near the gear turret?
      3) dose the gear leaver move across to reverse and 5/6 gear positions ,or is it stuck or stiff to move to thease positions?

.K.M.P.C.U
      YEEEEEEEEHAAAAAAAAA

Comment

Originally posted by lizzard-t View Post
        Just some questions MR JERRY RAFFERTY .
        1) was the gearbox working fine before you put the car on the ramps ? I.e. Forward and reverse gears operating without fault.
        2) did you or have you dropped something down near the gear turret?
        3) dose the gear leaver move across to reverse and 5/6 gear positions ,or is it stuck or stiff to move to thease positions?

it's not a bad LP that tbh

Comment

hi all i took out the centre consul and checked the linkage but all OK i then popped off the neutral linkage off the gearbox to see if the box would give more movement but NO so it looks like a recon box i now hope it's covered buy my auto select warranty??? thanks all for your input

Comment

Originally posted by night Owl View Post
            hi all i took out the centre consul and checked the linkage but all OK i then popped off the neutral linkage off the gearbox to see if the box would give more movement but NO so it looks like a recon box i now hope it's covered buy my auto select warranty??? thanks all for your input
            U can but ask if its covered then happy days

Comment

Hi all good news when i done the thermostat gasget i knocked the gear turret and that was the problem the garage fixed it for 70 quid,well happylizzard-t in answer to your qestions it was all fine until i done the gasget but i thought the selector was a robust looking bit of gear but it was'nt.AGAIN MANY THANKS ALL

Comment

Good stuff thanks for the update. Mines required a thermostat as well when I bought it - but needed a full gearbox recon as well due to whine from 5th and 6th gear. Glad your issue was much simpler.

Comment

Well done buddy and thanks for coming back and letting us know.
                  just look after you box of milk tray

Comment

Glad it was fairly minor ish, sounds like it was a pretty simple fix so happy days ur more than welcome to go and play with lizzard-t 's bunch of lubed up coconuts while singing I've got a lovely bunch of coconuts while trying to toss a dwarf in celebration, seriously tho thanks for the update and hopefully others that may possibly have this issue can learn from ur experience

Comment

That's why I asked the question,if it was ok driving it on the Ramps in therory it should be ok driving it off the Ramps .
                      in the end all swell that ends well and you had the decency to update the thread to a happy conclusion.
                      top man

.K.M.P.C.U
                      YEEEEEEEEHAAAAAAAAA

Comment

Hear hear

Comment

Talk to it,change the lube oil and gently slip it into gear,nothing wrong with the old chocolate M32
                          Insignia Elite 16T,Royal Blue non Nav. + added,
                          Heko Wind Deflectors,Alloy Pedal Covers.Led full Interior,Polished Alloy Door Pins,Osram Diadem Opel Rear indicator Bulbs,Led Reverse Light Upgrade,Gear Surround Red Leds,Led reg plate lights,Nighteye Fog lamp Bulbs,Osram Night Breaker Laser Cornering Bulbs,Rear Sunblinds,Nextbase 522GW front/rear window cam,upgraded front speakers,SS Exhaust,6000k Xenon Bulbs,Thinkdiag Diagnostic Tool

Comment

Originally posted by Howy View Post
                            Talk to it,change the lube oil and gently slip it into gear,nothing wrong with the old chocolate M32
                            Ohh yes u have to change the lube regularly on those chocolate boxes, a gud lashing of Ann summers finest strawberry lube and a hint of vanilla essence will go perfect with that chocolate gearbox, some wafers also make the perfect accompaniment with said concoction of various lubes, as u gently slip it in, but feel free to experiment with the different lubes that are widely available, that's just my tasty recommendation

Comment

Working...
                            X