Orange engine management light

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Orange engine management light

Hi all ,just joined this group so my question has probably been asked already ,be gentle with me .
    This morning ,cleaning filter message came on ,but as usual tells me to carry on driving ,next thing orange engine light came on with reduced power message
    looked in manual but it was a bit vague ? any help on the subject is appreciated (2019 2.0l Diesel SRI

Did u let it complete its cycle? That's the dpf performing a regen u should never cut the engine till the cycle is complete, the eml is more than likely to be potentially related as it sounds like it's put itself into limp mode, for the eml u really need to get it on a code reader and then we can go from there

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

No ,i only drove about 3 miles to asda stopped the car ,then got back in a drove off ,i assume i should have drove until complete cycle ??

Comment

Yes, or at the very least left the engine running till the cycle had completed, on the facelift it can seriouy f**k the engine in beyond repair I don't know about the insignia but tho

Comment

Best thing to do is check oil level and smell ,if the oil is above max and it has a smell of diesel then regeneration has not been complete for a number of cycles ( approximately 3 ) then change oil and filter at a minimum.
          oil with diesel will loose its viscosity and as handbag said it can spin the big end bearings ,causing engine failure ( bottom knock ) .
          but I've been known to turn mine off mid cycle,it's because it's dose not give me any warning sign .
          apart from when I stop and get out the radiator fans are going crazy.
          so don't be worried unless the oil level is high .

.K.M.P.C.U
          YEEEEEEEEHAAAAAAAAA

Comment

Originally posted by lizzard-t View Post
            Best thing to do is check oil level and smell ,if the oil is above max and it has a smell of diesel then regeneration has not been complete for a number of cycles ( approximately 3 ) then change oil and filter at a minimum.
            oil with diesel will loose its viscosity and as handbag said it can spin the big end bearings ,causing engine failure ( bottom knock ) .
            but I've been known to turn mine off mid cycle,it's because it's dose not give me any warning sign .
            apart from when I stop and get out the radiator fans are going crazy.
            so don't be worried unless the oil level is high .
            If the big end bearings go no amount of lube will solve it at all not even Ann summer's chocolate and strawberry lube combined will help at all

Comment

Handbag

Comment

Originally posted by Hindle1976 View Post

If the big end bearings go no amount of lube will solve it at all not even Ann summer's chocolate and strawberry lube combined will help at all

Yeh but if you want to scare a person half whitless then just tell him what he has just done has buggered his car completely,then that could send some people over the edge .
                its like me saying to you that if you w@nk once your going to turn into Quasimodo.and your knob is going to fall off .
                but I would put it like ,if you keep w@nking and you find a hump on your back and you suddenly start hearing bells then just slow down and try it with the other hand ,or sit on your hands before hand ,and it will feel like you are being w@nked by your neighbors wife .!

.K.M.P.C.U
                YEEEEEEEEHAAAAAAAAA

Comment

Yeh but if you want to scare a person half whitless then just tell him what he has just done has buggered his car completely,then that could send some people over the edge .
                  its like me saying to you that if you w@nk once your going to turn into Quasimodo.and your knob is going to fall off .
                  but I would put it like ,if you keep w@nking and you find a hump on your back and you suddenly start hearing bells then just slow down and try it with the other hand ,or sit on your hands before hand ,and it will feel like you are being w@nked by your neighbors wife .!
                  Surely thing diag will throw up a code within the Bcm wouldn't it in the case of quas e's five knuckle shuffle wouldn't it?

Comment

Well i don't know I haven't tossed off in my car in years.the last time was when I was doing @nal with Helen Francis and she broke wind .let's put it this way. My sausage went down faster than a lead Zeppelin.!

Sent from my A063 using Tapatalk

.K.M.P.C.U
                    YEEEEEEEEHAAAAAAAAA

Comment

Well i don't know I haven't tossed off in my car in years.the last time was when I was doing @nal with Helen Francis and she broke wind .let's put it this way. My sausage went down faster than a lead Zeppelin.!

Sent from my A063 using Tapatalk
                      Lmfao, yeah I've had that happen myself, then I dropped one to compensate for the fishy wiff, a combination of fish and rotten eggs, ohhh I went green

Comment

Ffs.......you can't help but love the posts on here

Comment

Originally posted by RBH View Post
                          Ffs.......you can't help but love the posts on here
                          We aim to please and lighten up the mood lmfao

Comment

Working...
                          X