Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Insignia 2018 gives code P20B9

Hi
    My 2018 insignia 2.0D (Z18) gives P20B9 ”Reductant Heater A Control Circuit/Open”. Please help me with this. I don't know where to start. Does the code mean the heater in adblue tank ? Is there heater B somewhere, too? And yes. Heater wire is probably broken. I'd like to figure out how to find the cause.

Originally posted by Mxwideopen View Post
    Hi
    My 2018 insignia 2.0D (Z18) gives P20B9 ”Reductant Heater A Control Circuit/Open”. Please help me with this. I don't know where to start. Does the code mean the heater in adblue tank ? Is there heater B somewhere, too? And yes. Heater wire is probably broken. I'd like to figure out how to find the cause.
    If code P20B9 is displayed, this indicates that there is no detectable voltage in the control circuit of the reductant heater with the “A” designation. This distinction is made when there are multiple reductant heaters in use. Reductant heaters are part of a system that helps lower diesel engine emissions. What code reader do u have? Anything like this I usually clear the fault take it first a short half hour drive and rescan, lizzard-t or RBH are probably the best ppl to ask

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

stored code P2039 means that the powertrain control module (PCM) has detected an insufficient degree of voltage in the reductant injection air pressure sensor A circuit.. Either way, the controller monitors the O2, NOx, and exhaust temperature sensors (as well as other inputs) to determine the appropriate time for DEF (reductant) injection. Precise DEF injection is necessary to maintain exhaust temperature within acceptable parameters and optimize pollutant filtration. The reductant/regeneration supply pump is used to pressurize the DEF in the liquid reductant system for use, when required. Supply pump voltage is monitored by the PCM for consistent fluctuation and load percentage. The PCM also monitors one or more pressure sensors in the reductant supply system to determine if there is a leak in the system.

If voltage drops it means there is a leak in the DEF pressurising system .

Be aware if driven for a long period of time then damage to the catalyst will follow.

Sent from my A063 using Tapatalk

.K.M.P.C.U
      YEEEEEEEEHAAAAAAAAA

Comment

Hi
        I am aware there are heater circuits in the probes but it gives a different code. There may be a heater in the tank to prevent the liquid from freezing, you certainly live in colder climes than the uk. I would start by checking electrical connections to the tank, all the adblue system lives under the car in a pretty hostile environment the tank is just behind the rear wheel your passenger side (our drivers side). Is the car running normally otherwise?
        If it's a fault with the adblue everything else normally works fine it's just not treating the exhaust gasses.

Comment

Originally posted by lizzard-t View Post
          stored code P2039 means that the powertrain control module (PCM) has detected an insufficient degree of voltage in the reductant injection air pressure sensor A circuit.. Either way, the controller monitors the O2, NOx, and exhaust temperature sensors (as well as other inputs) to determine the appropriate time for DEF (reductant) injection. Precise DEF injection is necessary to maintain exhaust temperature within acceptable parameters and optimize pollutant filtration. The reductant/regeneration supply pump is used to pressurize the DEF in the liquid reductant system for use, when required. Supply pump voltage is monitored by the PCM for consistent fluctuation and load percentage. The PCM also monitors one or more pressure sensors in the reductant supply system to determine if there is a leak in the system.

If voltage drops it means there is a leak in the DEF pressurising system .

Be aware if driven for a long period of time then damage to the catalyst will follow.

Sent from my A063 using Tapatalk
          Ok. This can be a leak too. Argh. This is something I didn’t want to hear. Thought this would be something to do with heater.
          thank you

Comment

Originally posted by Drew View Post

I am aware there are heater circuits in the probes but it gives a different code. There may be a heater in the tank to prevent the liquid from freezing, you certainly live in colder climes than the uk. I would start by checking electrical connections to the tank, all the adblue system lives under the car in a pretty hostile environment the tank is just behind the rear wheel your passenger side (our drivers side). Is the car running normally otherwise?
            If it's a fault with the adblue everything else normally works fine it's just not treating the exhaust gasses.
            Yes. The car works great. Here in middle of Finland we had quite a cold moment o January (-37C) . It's no wonder if the problem is leaking . We're very informed of these inflammation of the urethra diseases.
            I'll check the connections. I got a similar faultcode response from Finnish forum and the guy said the problem was the wire connector near the tank.

Comment

Anyone have The Wiring diagram nearby urea tank? I'd like to measure the resistance of the heater

Comment

Hi all havent been on for some time i have an adblue problem code P20E8 reductant presure too low i have just replaced the adblue injector and nox sensor 2 still get the eml on aftes a few miles anyone had any issues like this on a 2016 cdti 170 b20dth i have tried to get a new control moduel but cant seem to get one anyware

check this thread, it's a different problem but in the same area and the heater gets a mention along with the wiring. It may help.

SNATCHDEFENDERDRIVER might be able to help?
                Last edited by Drew; 20-02-2024, 06:49 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Hindle1976 View Post

If code P20B9 is displayed, this indicates that there is no detectable voltage in the control circuit of the reductant heater with the “A” designation. This distinction is made when there are multiple reductant heaters in use. Reductant heaters are part of a system that helps lower diesel engine emissions. What code reader do u have? Anything like this I usually clear the fault take it first a short half hour drive and rescan, lizzard-t or RBH are probably the best ppl to ask

Code reader is ELM327.
                  I have cleared codes many times.

Comment

Code reader is ELM327.
                    Get a decent code reader.....as these generic things aren't worth buying.....it'll tell you the basics but it won't actually diagnose a specific fault.
                    and if it's removing the light, then it reappears, that gives you an idea of how good the thing is.

Comment

This is ours.....a bit expensive but never fails.

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20240220_125702.jpg
Views:	38
Size:	36.6 KB
ID:	363242

Comment

Code reader is ELM327.
                        Have a look for think diag on here there's a post somewhere that will give u a discount not sure how much tho but I want to say 10% I think, I've got one it's a cracking bit of kit well worth it, and nothing against the elm327 nothing at all, but the think diag gives u access to some main stealer menus etc

Comment

Have a look for think diag on here there's a post somewhere that will give u a discount not sure how much tho but I want to say 10% I think, I've got one it's a cracking bit of kit well worth it, and nothing against the elm327 nothing at all, but the think diag gives u access to some main stealer menus etc

Nothing against the elm327.......you said on a PM that it was utter shite, a waste of money you said

Comment

Originally posted by RBH View Post

Nothing against the elm327.......you said on a PM that it was utter shite, a waste of money you said
                            When was this? I've been dwarf throwing and dressed up like pudsey bear in a brothel since I've also been to watch next doors cat swimming in a pile of cow dung eating a cadburys flake while googling the meaning of loaf

Comment

When was this? I've been dwarf throwing and dressed up like pudsey bear in a brothel since I've also been to watch next doors cat swimming in a pile of cow dung eating a cadburys flake while googling the meaning of loaf

Last night.
                              don't try and deny it.
                              You pm'd me to ask for my mermaids outfit and blind curly wig.

Comment

Working...
                              X