Insignia B: Fault codes P11DC / P2A02....MPG question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Hindle1976 View Post
    What model is it, mines the Sri grand sport vx line nav, I'm trying to find out what others are getting out of theirs so I can compare, and maybe change my style of driving if needed because I have no idea what I should be getting out of it

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    2 Litre Diesel; nice strong engine, and I think for the size of the car it's pretty economical, plus I can be a tad 'heavy footed' from time to time, although advancing years (and the wife!) are having an effect and slowing me down!!!

Comment

Originally posted by lizzard-t View Post
      MAP sensor should be part of regular maintenance it's easy and doesn't take long just to whip it out and give that all important clean .
      i took mine out yesterday out of curiosity,Because I haven't done it in 7 months,and it was as clean as a whistle.
      and that's with stop start driving and using Tescos bog standard diesel .
      I'll give that a go when I next service the old girl (!)...any tips on the site on how to clean the map sensor?

Comment

My advice is take it out ,spray it with electrical contact spray,if it’s dirty and fuzzy,use a cotton wall bud and gently clean it till you can see the little sensor probe which is behind the plastic surround,it’s delicate and it’s a sensor so that’s why I’ve always used electrical contact spray.

.K.M.P.C.U
        YEEEEEEEEHAAAAAAAAA

Comment

Originally posted by FUG1 View Post

2 Litre Diesel; nice strong engine, and I think for the size of the car it's pretty economical, plus I can be a tad 'heavy footed' from time to time, although advancing years (and the wife!) are having an effect and slowing me down!!!
          I'm still learning the perks and quirks of mine, I've barely had it a month, and driving a bin wagon all the time I barely drive it, I must drive it a couple of times a week I've not even had it on the motorway yet, but I must admit it's one ballsy f***er it doesn't hang about although low down the gear range my facelift does pull away quicker but it's a heavier bigger car

Comment

That's interesting, Drew. Mine's definitely down (4 - 5mpg) since the fault started showing, so I'll look to get the NOX2 sensor replaced. Normally, I would expect an average of 44MPG (mixed A roads / Dual-Carriageways). When have you needed to clean the MAP sensor before??
            Mines just under 40mpg average, I was getting around 44mpg previously, mines a tourer and auto. I'm like Lizzard-t I just clean the map periodically it's never that dirty, I haven't cleaned it out of necessity, but when I am looking for potential reasons for a loss of mpg it's somewhere to start.
            Click image for larger version

Name:	20231219_153730.jpg
Views:	127
Size:	19.6 KB
ID:	365709

Name:	20231219_153737.jpg
Views:	52
Size:	16.9 KB
ID:	365710

Comment

Originally posted by Drew View Post

Mines just under 40mpg average, I was getting around 44mpg previously, mines a tourer and auto. I'm like Lizzard-t I just clean the map periodically it's never that dirty, I haven't cleaned it out of necessity, but when I am looking for potential reasons for a loss of mpg it's somewhere to start.

Name:	20231219_153730.jpg
Views:	127
Size:	19.6 KB
ID:	365709

Name:	20231219_153737.jpg
Views:	52
Size:	16.9 KB
ID:	365710
              Thanks, Drew, Lizzard and Hindle, I'll give this a go on the next service, after the NOX2 Sensor has been replaced, of course!

Comment

Thanks, Drew, Lizzard and Hindle, I'll give this a go on the next service, after the NOX2 Sensor has been replaced, of course!
                Ur welcome bud, but Shop around for the nox2 sensor and try not to get a used one

Comment

I think Drew had an issue with a second hand sensor, so new it is!!!

Comment

I think Drew had an issue with a second hand sensor, so new it is!!!
                    I know someone did, but I can't honestly remember who

Comment

Originally posted by Hindle1976 View Post

I know someone did, but I can't honestly remember who

Yeah when mine packed up due to corrosion in the module genuine examples were on back order dealer only and you couldn't get them, they were stupid money too. Non genuine were cheaper but unreliable so I sought an original one from a breaker but even that was a palaver. The one I got had a good module but it turned out that the heater circuit in the probe was bust. I took a gamble on my original probe being ok and spliced the good parts together. It worked fine and touch wood has been fine ever since.

Comment

Originally posted by Drew View Post

Yeah when mine packed up due to corrosion in the module genuine examples were on back order dealer only and you couldn't get them, they were stupid money too. Non genuine were cheaper but unreliable so I sought an original one from a breaker but even that was a palaver. The one I got had a good module but it turned out that the heater circuit in the probe was bust. I took a gamble on my original probe being ok and spliced the good parts together. It worked fine and touch wood has been fine ever since.
                        Incredible, Drew, but at least you've got yours up and running. Think I'll have to bite the bullet and get the genuine article, even if it has to be from a dealer as I can't be asked for having this problem repeatedly!

Comment

Working...
                        X