Insignia 2.0cdti clutch pedal

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Insignia 2.0cdti clutch pedal

Hi all I noticed the other week my clutch pedal only returning half way pressed it again and it was fine so I had a look no fluid coming from the bell housing so slave looks ok no fluid in the foot well but the return spring closed to the brake pedal was not into the clutch pedal properly so wiggled it back in been fine until today is this a common problem? New pedal box if so I will be changing master while am on

Sounds like a one off unfortunately

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

The master cyclinder causes that same issue we had someone not so long ago with the same problem.he replaced the return spring thinking all ok .then the master cylinder rod broke in two .

.K.M.P.C.U
      YEEEEEEEEHAAAAAAAAA

Comment

For what it's worth I had a similar problem over 3 years ago. On at least two occasions my clutch pedal stayed down and failed to return. I checked the spring which looked okay and there were no signs of any fluid leaks.
        The only thing that I did was to spray WD40 in the spring and pedal pivot point area. I have been trouble free since.
        It is worth a try at very little expense.​

Comment

If it needs changing I don’t mind doing but just wanted to see if anyone had this issue
          thanks for your help lads and lasses

Comment

Originally posted by jimboy26 View Post
            For what it's worth I had a similar problem over 3 years ago. On at least two occasions my clutch pedal stayed down and failed to return. I checked the spring which looked okay and there were no signs of any fluid leaks.
            The only thing that I did was to spray WD40 in the spring and pedal pivot point area. I have been trouble free since.
            It is worth a try at very little expense.​
            Would a silicone spray or something ptfe based not work better than WD40, doesn't WD dry out eventually?

Comment

It the spring on the clutch pedal? Common fault I belive. Had it on mine

Comment

Originally posted by Dave_Derby View Post
                It the spring on the clutch pedal? Common fault I belive. Had it on mine
                That's one fault I've not had on my facelift, although it does make a clicking sound occasionally but I don't think that's anything to write home about is it?

Comment

Originally posted by Hindle1976 View Post

That's one fault I've not had on my facelift, although it does make a clicking sound occasionally but I don't think that's anything to write home about is it?

Nope just incredibly annoying

Comment

Working...
                  X