Front Bumper....bumped

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Front Bumper....bumped

Ouch. Might be worth trying some local garages. Ask your local VX too. I know ours don't do body work just ask a local guy to do it. From an insurance point of view they'd probably replace it and the headlight.

If it was me, i would not go through insurance.

1. Stays on your record for years.

2. Declare you had an accident on renewals.

For me, insurance is incase i bumped someone, as i will have to repair their car also, so insurance is last resort.

Comment

Depends on the cost. I dinged two alloys, tyres and the entire passenger side of my car. Nothing too major but a decent cost to repair so I went through the insurance.

Comment

Cheaper to get a second hand bumper.
        I want to go out of this world the way i came in...kicking and screaming and covered in somebody elses blood...

Comment

^^^ .

That sucks and I suppose worse because you did it and not someone else (kicking yourself I bet).

Good luck with the repairs, get some quotes from your local indy body shops, if it's more than a grand I would consider the insurance route.

Comment

I would go down the route of a used bumper, there not that hard to remove like lego with these cars

Comment

2nd hand bumper,,,respray,,,,,jobs a goodun
              ​2015 Sri vx line nav BiTurbo . Sri heated leather.5500k AFL . Vx line 20s,8inch LCD dash .FLEXride.Reverse cam.Irmscher grill.235hp and 480 torqs.30mm lowering springs.20mm H&R spacers all round. Mtec drilled discs on rear,VXR 355mm drilled on front,with Brembo 4 pot calipers. Auto wipers .VX puddle lights.Carbon effect black roof wrap.Irmscher roof spoiler.Irmscher side skirts.

Comment

exclusiv., on 17 July 2014 - 05:56 PM, said:
                2nd hand bumper,,,respray,,,,,jobs a goodun />

+1 your excess alone should cover most of the repair plus the savings you'll make on your renewal

Comment

Also try find a bumper the same colour and same money on the spray job

Comment

Yes like others said. Find a 2nd hand black bumper and move fog lights over.

Comment

Working...
                    X