Front Fog Surrounds

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Front Fog Surrounds

Hi all, new to the forum just got my hands on a 2009 Exclusiv 2.0 CDTI. Its as basic as you like but looking to add a few bits to make it a litel bit better to look at.

I believe i have the pre facelift bumpers, i dont have fog lights just the blank grill without chrome trim. can i simply buy the trim and add it or do i need to buy new fog surrounds with trim? have read alot of threads but really getting confused.

Any help appreciated.

Originally posted by NewmanL107 View Post
    Hi all, new to the forum just got my hands on a 2009 Exclusiv 2.0 CDTI. Its as basic as you like but looking to add a few bits to make it a litel bit better to look at.

I believe i have the pre facelift bumpers, i dont have fog lights just the blank grill without chrome trim. can i simply buy the trim and add it or do i need to buy new fog surrounds with trim? have read alot of threads but really getting confused.

Any help appreciated.
    Admin and mods will be onto you in a minute to ask you to post in the introduction thread first. I’m sure you will get answers to your question in no time at all. Welcome to the forum.

Comment

Thanks for that have posted in Introduction thread.

Comment

The chrome surround can be removed and black trim swapped over, as to if they would work I am unsure as they may need programmed to you're car.
        The dashboard light switch may need changed aswell if you don't have front fog light option.

I'm sure someone will be along with a little more knowledge on this matter

Comment

Cheers Alex, im not really interested in adding the fog light units just the chrome trim that goes around the surround.

Comment

Cheers Alex, im not really interested in adding the fog light units just the chrome trim that goes around the surround.
            If you don't fit fog lights you'll be left with a hole where it should be mate. Unless you modified your old trim in some way

Comment

The lights would be purely cosmetic, not wiring them in. so would that mean just a straight swap with new surround and fog lights?

Comment

Hello
                You can just put in a set of fog lights as decorations
                There you go straight and to the point
                10-4 rubber fog lights

.K.M.P.C.U
                YEEEEEEEEHAAAAAAAAA

Comment

The lights would be purely cosmetic, not wiring them in. so would that mean just a straight swap with new surround and fog lights?
                  You would need to check current legislation on non operational fog lights for your next mot.

If all is good on that side of it then should be no issues swapping, I'm sure a member on here swapped surrounds but left the lights out but can't remember who

Comment

Originally posted by Drew View Post
                    Saw this on flebay so you should be able to get them without needing the fog itself if you like?
                    https://www.ebay.co.uk/i/16390616027...oaAg4VEALw_wcB

This is what i need, will just keep a look out for these instead of messing with lights. thanks

Comment

It's a Straight over.

Comment

Working...
                      X