Front lower grill.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Front lower grill.

I want to freshen up the front lower grills. They were gray to start with but look a bit washed out so want to spray them black. Do they clip out from the front or maybe spray in situ?. What spray paint do you recommend?. I have been looking at the plasticoat stuff as ive been playing with the idea of de chroming the front grill with it, and have the rest of the trim maybe wrapped to match.
    Attached Files
    12 plate 1.8 petrol.

Originally posted by Jace View Post
    I want to freshen up the front lower grills. They were gray to start with but look a bit washed out so want to spray them black. Do they clip out from the front or maybe spray in situ?. What spray paint do you recommend?. I have been looking at the plasticoat stuff as ive been playing with the idea of de chroming the front grill with it, and have the rest of the trim maybe wrapped to match.
    They pop out easily enough, start at the inside with a plastic levering tool and they will come out no problem. You can get the fog lights pretty cheaply on fleabay. I ended up making my own version with the fog light grills haha
    Attached Files
    2011 2.0 cdti ecoflex excnav
    honeycomb grill, squinty eyes, custom lettering, honeycomb custom fog grills, custom lower centre grill, full black back tints, chrome door knobs, rear wiper removed, custom back badge, custom DRLs, custom diffuser, double barrel exhaust, racechip tuned, pipercross air kit, 210bhp 440nm torque, more on the way

Comment

Originally posted by Jakxta View Post

They pop out easily enough, start at the inside with a plastic levering tool and they will come out no problem. You can get the fog lights pretty cheaply on fleabay. I ended up making my own version with the fog light grills haha
      Stupid question , but do the fogs work?. I was thinking of installing them just for the look .
      12 plate 1.8 petrol.

Comment

Stupid question , but do the fogs work?. I was thinking of installing them just for the look .
        They will if you wire them in. I just bought the grills with no lights, those round lights on mine are custom colour changing ones haha. I'm not the best person to ask about wiring lights haha, mine usually smoke hahaha
        honeycomb grill, squinty eyes, custom lettering, honeycomb custom fog grills, custom lower centre grill, full black back tints, chrome door knobs, rear wiper removed, custom back badge, custom DRLs, custom diffuser, double barrel exhaust, racechip tuned, pipercross air kit, 210bhp 440nm torque, more on the way

Comment

Originally posted by Jakxta View Post

They will if you wire them in. I just bought the grills with no lights, those round lights on mine are custom colour changing ones haha. I'm not the best person to ask about wiring lights haha, mine usually smoke hahaha
          Haha...well i was going to ask here is it possible to wire them in. Also on my model the side mirrors are not electric (folding) but you can move the mirrors. I like that grill on yours. I want to tint the rear as well although im not sure id like full black. I think the price around here is 170 for the rear tint. I want to do some subtle mods but nothing too racy haha..age see.
          12 plate 1.8 petrol.

Comment

Haha...well i was going to ask here is it possible to wire them in. Also on my model the side mirrors are not electric (folding) but you can move the mirrors. I like that grill on yours. I want to tint the rear as well although im not sure id like full black. I think the price around here is 170 for the rear tint. I want to do some subtle mods but nothing too racy haha..age see.
            It's a nice grill, sadly me and another member, Alex, bought the last 2 in the UK, haven't seen any since. Someone will know how to wire them in properly, but not me haha

Comment

Working...
            X