Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2018 vx-line trim issue

Hi Gang,

Just a minor problem (well in my mind, anyway!).

The lower trim attached to my VX-Line Tourer does not sit snuggly (right word?!?) against the lower wheel arch , which must be quite common, I would have thought.

Thinking of just squeezing a drop 'Gorlla Glue' (or similar!) in the gap to make this fit properly.

Anyone know why I shouldn't be doing this , or have a better solution?

Thanks in advance

Chewy1971 .

Ask this man
    https://insignia-drivers.uk/filedata/fetch?filedataid=7610&sigpic=1

Comment

IIRC there were some issues with the glue they used causing some trim to come loose. I'm sure another member has mentioned it here previosuly
      Insignia Elite Nav 2ltr SIDI Turbo 250PS, Pearlescent Emerald Green, VX-Line Interior, VX-Line Exterior Styling Kit, Premium Brandy Nappa Sports Leather, 20" Elite Multi Spoke Alloy Wheels, 8" Digital Drivers Display, Bose Premium Audio System, Front Camera Pack, Rear View Camera, Adaptive Cruise Control, Advanced Park Assist, Rear Privacy Glass, Keyless Entry & Start, Tyre Pressure Monitoring System, Factory Fitted Towbar

Comment

Originally posted by 0011728 View Post
        IIRC there were some issues with the glue they used causing some trim to come loose. I'm sure another member has mentioned it here previosuly
        Yep....chewy was back at VX twice or thrice with the same issue
        https://insignia-drivers.uk/filedata/fetch?filedataid=7610&sigpic=1

Comment

It was covered on a recall. Fixed free of charge. Mine was done in one visit but I think Chewys dealer struggled with it!

Comment

Thanks lads, that interesting that this was done on a recall....still got issues with the rear wash/wipe not working, so might be worth taking her back down there as she's still under warranty

Comment

Originally posted by FUG1 View Post
              Thanks lads, that interesting that this was done on a recall....still got issues with the rear wash/wipe not working, so might be worth taking her back down there as she's still under warranty
              There was a recall for fuel lines chafing and the skirts on mine so definitely give them a shout.

Comment

Thanks Drew; heading for Wales for a weeks break in the gorgeous one, soon, so on it after that!

Comment

yep - 5 times in total. VX call them 'rocker covers' for some strange reason. They need properly bonding and needs to be left with VX overnight. The field remedy used on mine wasn't good enough - kept pulling away. Definitley a recall - get VX to sort it.

Comment

Thanks, Chewy...I'll let you know how I get on!

Comment

Working...
                    X