X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Refills for wiper blades

Hi All,

Recently joined, happy to be here!

I have had my insignia about 21 months now and just changed the wipers on it. On doing do I discovered the wipers that were on it are actually refillable ones. Rubber with a flexi metal locked in at one end slides right out. I tried googling the part number but nothing comes up and what looks like a tiny QR code on them doesnt seem to scan. Anyone got any ideas? Ive attached a couple of pictures to try and help. Would rather get refills for these for next time than generate more plastic waste for the landfill!

I can't help with part numbers but I know Halfords do refill rubbers. Not sure if they're any good though.
    2017 Vauxhall Insignia Grand Sport Sri Nav 1.5 (165ps) Turbo petrol in Lava Red - Keyless entry and start - 18” powder coated alloy wheels - Front fog lights - Tinted rear windows - Aluminium sports pedals - Ambient interior led lighting - Front sports seats with driver’s AGR - Front and rear parking assist - Active emergency braking - Forward collision assist - Front pedestrian alert - Traffic sign recognition - Lane keep assist - Cruise control - Speed warning and limiter - Voice recognition - Bluetooth - Duel zone climate control - Front and rear electric windows - High beam assist - Auto lights - Auto wipers - Wifi hotspot - 8” colour touchscreen Navi 900 incorporating AA/ACP and DAB

Comment

I bought this for the rear wiper on mine because I didn't want to replace the whole arm. It trims to length and seems perfectly fine, although it is just on the rear. No streaks or any squeals though!

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/1-x-unive...edirect=mobile

Comment

These are good

Vauxhall Insignia 2008 Onwards HYBRID Windscreen Wiper Blades | eBay
        Insignia Elite 16T,Royal Blue non Nav. + added,
        Heko Wind Deflectors,Alloy Pedal Covers.Led full Interior,Polished Alloy Door Pins,Osram Diadem Opel Rear indicator Bulbs,Led Reverse Light Upgrade,Gear Surround Red Leds,Led reg plate lights,Nighteye Fog lamp Bulbs,Osram Night Breaker Laser Cornering Bulbs,Rear Sunblinds,Nextbase 522GW front/rear window cam,upgraded front speakers,SS Exhaust,6000k Xenon Bulbs,Thinkdiag Diagnostic Tool

Comment

Originally posted by AnUrbanPenguin View Post
          Hi All,

Recently joined, happy to be here!

I have had my insignia about 21 months now and just changed the wipers on it. On doing do I discovered the wipers that were on it are actually refillable ones. Rubber with a flexi metal locked in at one end slides right out. I tried googling the part number but nothing comes up and what looks like a tiny QR code on them doesnt seem to scan. Anyone got any ideas? Ive attached a couple of pictures to try and help. Would rather get refills for these for next time than generate more plastic waste for the landfill!
          For the ordinary wiper blades, the rubber reffils are 4mm width, ( I think ) and they are fixed with a tiny metal strips.

The hybrid / Dyson viper blade rubber reffils are different.
          The rubber reffils need to be 7mm or 8mm width ( can't remember for sure)
          You can get them on Amazon, but not worth of hassle.

Cause, you will get :
          Ordinary 4mm rubber reffils + black plastic extension adapters, that widens the reffils up to 7mm or 8mm width.
          And, when you install all this "sandwich" into the wiper it self, it looks like cr*p and everything is wobbling inside.

Not worth of hassle.
          Just buy new set of Dyson / Hybrid wiper blades and "recycle" the old one's and forget them.

Sent from my SM-A705FN using Tapatalk

Comment

I've just had some of the Vipa Car Parts ones and for the price, quality and the fact it took me about 5mins tops to swap them over i'm not sure i could be bothered messing about fitting new rubber bits, trimming them etc.

Comment

Originally posted by bransoj View Post
              I've just had some of the Vipa Car Parts ones and for the price, quality and the fact it took me about 5mins tops to swap them over i'm not sure i could be bothered messing about fitting new rubber bits, trimming them etc.
              I'm the same...for the price of the full replacement wipers.....i couldn't be bothered trying to change just the rubbers.
              https://insignia-drivers.uk/filedata/fetch?filedataid=7610&sigpic=1

Comment

Ditto with RBH and bransoj - the blades are cheap enough and take total of 1 minute to change the fronts - again, I bought Vipa - look just like the OEM and in my opinion much better. Vipa Wiper Blade Kit fits: OPEL INSIGNIA Hatchback Mar 2017 Onwards: Amazon.co.uk: Car & Motorbike
                I know they aren't replacement rubber, but seems a heap of effort to save a few quid. Mine have been on now over a year and still no smears, no noises. As new.

Comment

These are the ones I have but from their old company a few members got them,these are very good blades.
                  Last edited by Howy; 02-06-2021, 08:15 PM. Reason: info
                  Insignia Elite 16T,Royal Blue non Nav. + added,
                  Heko Wind Deflectors,Alloy Pedal Covers.Led full Interior,Polished Alloy Door Pins,Osram Diadem Opel Rear indicator Bulbs,Led Reverse Light Upgrade,Gear Surround Red Leds,Led reg plate lights,Nighteye Fog lamp Bulbs,Osram Night Breaker Laser Cornering Bulbs,Rear Sunblinds,Nextbase 522GW front/rear window cam,upgraded front speakers,SS Exhaust,6000k Xenon Bulbs,Thinkdiag Diagnostic Tool

Comment

Working...
                  X