Water in fuel hatch compartment

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Water in fuel hatch compartment

Hi all, I've found water in the fuel hatch compartment twice now, so I think there's a leak of water going into the compartment.

Has anyone else had this issue and if so, how did you resolve it?

Do you mean behind the fuel filler flap?

Sent from my SM-A526B using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Arfa View Post
      Do you mean behind the fuel filler flap?

Not in the actual pipe no, just behind the click hatch, in the dipped area below the pipe.

Sent from my SM-G975F using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Langsta View Post
        Not in the actual pipe no, just behind the click hatch, in the dipped area below the pipe.

Thought that would be a leak free area due to any diesel or adblue spillage, used to get water ingress on mine, never bothered with it as the flap didn't create a water proof seal.

Comment

Originally posted by Arfa View Post
          Thought that would be a leak free area due to any diesel or adblue spillage, used to get water ingress on mine, never bothered with it as the flap didn't create a water proof seal.

Mines petrol, but yeah I think its water ingress.

Any way to stop it? It stains over time from dirt in the rain

Comment

Not sure on that one mate, someone with more knowledge will be along to advise you further......

Comment

Behind the fuel flap isn't sealed so water can get in. There's usually a drain hole below the filler neck which can become blocked.

I'm 150 miles from my car so can't really check for you at the moment, but I will at the weekend if you haven't sorted it.

Comment

Yeah it's normal for water to get behind the flap. As Mudster said....There's a little round hole just under the filler opening. It easily blocks because it has little dirt catchers in it. I clean mine every time I wash the car. I use the rolled up corner of a rag and poke it through the hole as I twist the rag.
                2017 Vauxhall Insignia Grand Sport Sri Nav 1.5 (165ps) Turbo petrol in Lava Red - Keyless entry and start - 18” five spoke alloy wheels - Front fog lights - Tinted rear windows - Aluminium sports pedals - Ambient interior led lighting - Front and rear parking assist - Active emergency braking - Forward collision assist - Front pedestrian alert - Traffic sign recognition - Lane keep assist - Cruise control - Speed warning and limiter - Voice recognition - Bluetooth - Duel zone climate control - Front and rear electric windows - High beam assist - Auto lights - Auto wipers - Wifi hotspot - 8” colour touchscreen Navi 900 with Android Auto, Apple Car Play and DAB

Comment

Thanks all I'll have a go with cleaning that drainage hole tomorrow and hopefully that sorts it out!

Comment

Mine does it and I think every car I've ever owned dose it
                    as said above its an unsealed compartment it just a flap
                    some cars have a bit of rubber jutting out below the filler neck that collects spilt fuel and funnels it
                    But not always a fantastic design and traps fluid or spillage.

.K.M.P.C.U
                    YEEEEEEEEHAAAAAAAAA

Comment

Working...
                    X