Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mudflaps fitted

Hey All

Just showing todays little project - New mudflaps fitted to the front and back. These are NOT genuine Vauxhall flaps

Front - Easy to fit as you can simply turn the wheel and gain access to the existing Torx screws holding on the wheel arch lining. I added double sided tape to all touching surfaces to ensure they don't fly off at any point

Click image for larger version

Name:	P_20211007_130711.jpg
Views:	70
Size:	59.2 KB
ID:	313149

Rear - Removal of the wheels is needed as there is only 1 existing Torx screw and I had to get the drill in to make pilot holes for the included extra screws. Again, Double sided tape all over the touching surfaces

Name:	P_20211007_130721.jpg
Views:	54
Size:	58.0 KB
ID:	313150

The finished product - (P.S - Check out my EBC drilled and grooved brake upgrade )

Name:	P_20211007_130731.jpg
Views:	54
Size:	116.1 KB
ID:	313151

Verdict - Easy to fit. Sat in-line with the body mouldings exactly. Should give a lot more protection than not having any!

The rubberised plastic material is a bit flimsy and i did have to shave off a few moulding errors but what do you expect for 17 quid off Flea-bay?! I would have liked them to be a bit more "Aggressive" (i.e - longer so it gave more of a lower effect to the car)

Very nice.
    Yours would have fitted easier as it's not got the skirts etc.
    They advertise these as not for the VX Line or VXR.....but I trimmed mine and fit great.

I bought these from AliExpress nearly 4 years ago now.....4.91 including postage.

Never had any troubles with them.

There's a fair few of us have them on here now.

They look far better than the rubber universal ones.
    https://insignia-drivers.uk/filedata/fetch?filedataid=7610&sigpic=1

Comment

Originally posted by RBH View Post
      I bought these from AliExpress nearly 4 years ago now.....4.91 including postage.
      I was robbed at 17 quid then. I never think to look on AliExpress. Once bitten, twice shy

Comment

Originally posted by Osiris View Post

I was robbed at 17 quid then. I never think to look on AliExpress. Once bitten, twice shy
        You've not mate.....coz everything has went up and subjected to 20% import tax now.

You probably paid on par with Ali Express and you've got them fitted this side of Xmas
        https://insignia-drivers.uk/filedata/fetch?filedataid=7610&sigpic=1

Comment

I originally got mine for like a tenner of Ali express pre Brexit.

They were a tad funny to fit. The holes didn't fully line up.

Funnily enough though I had a car go into my side and broke the left hand side one.

The insurance replaced the front ones with the official Vauxhall ones and there is certainly a better quality feel to them.

​​​​​​

Comment

Working...
          X