Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Electric folding mirrors - design fault?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Electric folding mirrors - design fault?

Hi guys,

I have the electric folding mirrors on my Sig (Elite), and seem to have discovered a slight design fault with them!

When you deadlock with the remote, the mirrors fold in (as they should), but when unlocking, I can't seem to get them to fold out without opening the windows at the same time! Has anyone found a solution to this? I don't really want to be opening the windows every time in this weather!

I had a mod on my last car (that I did myself) which folded the mirrors on deadlock, but it worked independently of the windows!

At the moment I'm just having to fold out the mirrors when I get in the car, but it would be nice to do it with the remote (without the windows)!

Any advice appreciated!

^^^^ what he said!

Comment

CHUDLEIGHPAUL, on 13 January 2014 - 09:43 AM, said:
      You could be holding down the unlock button for too long. On mine once the mirrors start moving I release the button and they continue unfolding.

On my 59 plate the mirrors start moving at the exact same time as the mirrors start unfolding (the same problem as the OP). I just live with flicking the switch when I get into the car

Comment

Lance, on 13 January 2014 - 11:45 AM, said:

On my 59 plate the mirrors start moving at the exact same time as the mirrors start unfolding (the same problem as the OP). I just live with flicking the switch when I get into the car />

That's exactly my problem! The mirrors do unfold when I release the button, but the windows have already moved an inch or so!

I guess I will either have to close the windows or press the mirror button inside manually...

Comment

whifypantz, on 13 January 2014 - 01:37 PM, said:
          hmm,,

do all folding mirrors have this feature on closure?

I was thinking this yesterday as i fold mines every time i park at home as its tight,, Dont see an option in settings

If you have the electric folding mirrors, then when you deadlock the car (double press the remote), hold down the second press, and it will fold the mirrors in automatically.

My issue is the same operation to unfold the mirrors also starts opening the windows!

Comment

paddyc, on 14 January 2014 - 01:16 PM, said:If you didn't hit the button before starting the engine would the mirrors stay folded in? I find it weird they wouldn't be set up to unfold on unlocking.

I have tried this - the mirrors stay folded even when the engine is started! They are set up to unfold when unlocking by carrying out the same operation as folding when locking, but this operation also opens/closes the windows!

eliteman, on 14 January 2014 - 01:51 PM, said:Ive was speaking to a VX tech about this and apparently its a software fault that VX know about but have not released a fix for it. Like others i just flick the switch on the inside as Im getting in.

Strange that they wouldn't release a fix for something that seems so obvious to be able to do! Oh well, will have to do it manually I guess until they decide to fix it!

Comment

it's under vehicle settings/comfort settings/comfort closing mirror fold

Comment

some of the menus only show with ignition on, maybe worth trying?

Comment

Mine only fold by the switch,not by remote.

No setting in the menu,thus I ain't got it !!
                  sigpic

Comment

^^spot the poverty spec siggy

Comment

Hey,it won't for speed that's for sure!!

You've to be nice remember,new mod!!
                      sigpic

Comment

Looks like they must have fixed it on later models - mine's an 09 Elite hatch. The mirrors unfold at exactly the same time as the windows start opening!

Comment

Wow??that is impressive. I have an Elite Nav 12 plate and I did not know you can do this.

I will give it atry tomorrow to see if this geature works on mine too.

Thanks guys - it is a learning day for me always.

Comment

Yer,Dr Bee, on 18 January 2014 - 10:31 PM, said:
                            Wow??that is impressive. I have an Elite Nav 12 plate and I did not know you can do this.

I will give it atry tomorrow to see if this geature works on mine too.

Thanks guys - it is a learning day for me always.

Yer,mines a 11 plate,wish I'd have bought a posh elite instead of my vxr,wtf??
                            sigpic

Comment

Logosgil, on 17 January 2014 - 10:25 PM, said:
                              Mine only fold by the switch,not by remote.

No setting in the menu,thus I ain't got it !!

I don't think this is a menu item, have you tried holding down the second press on the remote when locking to see if it works?

Comment

Working...
                              X