Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Front Bumper Removal How-To Guide

Thanks, this has just helped me loads!

This is a pretty thorough how to.. What ones can't you find?

3 in each wheel liner.

6 across the slam panel

1 small one under the bumper by passenger wheel same kind as wheel liner screws and slam panel.

Then there are the 4 plastic grommets under the car and 2 bolts under the bumper again but closer to the front.
    sigpic

Comment

Hi Guys
      I need to replace the ballast on my NS headlight before a drive to Aberdeen from Glasgow this weekend. I can't seem to find the "how to" to remove the front bumper?? It it elsewhere on this forum?
      Thanks in advance
      Davie

Comment

Me again!! Tried removing the front bumper last night and failed. Where are the 2 bolts under the bumper?? I got the 7 torx screws in the wheel arches off, the bolts along the slam panel and the plastic grommets underneath. The bumper wouldn't budge. Where exactly are those 2 bolts? Has anyone got a photo?
        Thanks again
        Davie

Comment

If you stick your head under the centre of the bumper and look left and right you'll see a Torx bolt, this can be loosened with a 10mm socket but don't remove it just loosen them. The bumper should then lift forward onto ground or place a toolbox or something like that if yo have front sensors fitted

Comment

Hi buddy. thanks a million for this - are these the 2 which go right through the chassis legs? The bolts run parallel to the front of the car?
            Really appreciate your help.
            Cheers
            Davie

Comment

Hi, yes they run parallel to the front of the car, you will see that a bit of the bumper undertray goes into where the bolts are there is probably a couple of feet gap between the 2 from memory, my car isn't with me today so unfortunately can't take a photo but if your still struggling I could take one tomorrow for you?

Comment

Hi man. Ah ok - I think that's them. Loks like they go right through the chassis leg so I'm tryin to figure how I only need to loosen them. I'll not be able to attempt this again til tomorrow earliest so if you do manage to take a photo I'd appreciate it but don't go to too much bother.
                Again - thanks a million
                Davie

Comment

Is there not enough room without that? i found my front bumper pulled right down with these in place

Comment

Originally posted by Spark View Post
                    Is there not enough room without that? i found my front bumper pulled right down with these in place
                    My bumper wouldn't move forward and tilt down without undoing these two bolts, maybe yours had been removed before and the bolts not re-tightened but I doubt anyone on here has managed to remove/tilt the bumper without undoing these two bolts?

Comment

Originally posted by 01925Siggy View Post
                      My bumper wouldn't move forward and tilt down without undoing these two bolts, maybe yours had been removed before and the bolts not re-tightened but I doubt anyone on here has managed to remove/tilt the bumper without undoing these two bolts?
                      Here you can see my bumper not fully off,

Have you managed to pull the bumper from under the lights?

Comment

As the picture above you can pull the bumper forward like that without removing / loosening the bolts underneath. As the bumper is so flexible it just bends. I have always found it easier to remove the bumper completely though as it is easier to work

sigpic

Comment

I need to get the bumper either right off or at least quite far forward as I need into the underside of the NS headlight to change the ballast. I'll need to be careful as I have parking sensors and headlamp washers. (It's a 10 plate SE) It wouldn't budge with these 2 bolts still on/tight. Will loosen them this afternoon.. fingers crossed!

Comment

The headlight can be removed with bumper tilted forward,,doesn't have to be completely removed
                            ​2015 Sri vx line nav Biturbo . Sri heated leather.5500k AFL . Vx line 20s,8inch LCD dash .FLEXride.Reverse cam.Irmscher grill.235hp and 480 torqs.30mm lowering springs.20mm H&R spacers all round. Mtec drilled discs on rear,VXR 355mm drilled on front,with Brembo 4 pot calipers. Auto wipers .VX puddle lights.Carbon effect black roof wrap.Irmscher roof spoiler.Irmscher side skirts.

Comment

Originally posted by exclusiv. View Post
                              The headlight can be removed with bumper tilted forward,,doesn't have to be completely removed
                              Ah. Nice one. Ta much for the advice. D

Comment

Working...
                              X