Power Windows won't work without key in the ignition

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Power Windows won't work without key in the ignition

There maybe something not selected in the configure menu. If that's norther case just remember the manual will give you all options possible when in fact your car doesn't. Example of this is BT. All buttons there and it's in the manual but unless ticked as an option on delivery it won't have it. Sorry I can't be of more help. One of the tech gurus will be along shortly.

Quote from a MY2011 handbook (and also what my 61 plate elite does)??-

"Power windows can work until the

driver's door is opened or at the latest

for 10 minutes after the ignition is

switched off."

Comment

As stated ny Kervaig, if you hadn't of opened the drivers door you would have been able to close the window without key in ignition
      Insignia Elite Nav 2ltr SIDI Turbo 250PS, Pearlescent Emerald Green, VX-Line Interior, VX-Line Exterior Styling Kit, Premium Brandy Nappa Sports Leather, 20" Elite Multi Spoke Alloy Wheels, 8" Digital Drivers Display, Bose Premium Audio System, Front Camera Pack, Rear View Camera, Adaptive Cruise Control, Advanced Park Assist, Rear Privacy Glass, Keyless Entry & Start, Tyre Pressure Monitoring System, Factory Fitted Towbar

Comment

Can't you close the windows on the remote?

Comment

Can you not power up with your key fob as well? Did in mine.

Comment

My windows have no power without the keys in the ignition. Only noticed today after seeing your post.

Odd, my 04 vec c ones would work after the??keys were taken out.

59 plate sri 160, btw.

Thanks for pointing out something that will annoy me now, ...

Comment

For those people who came from a vec c bet you miss this feature, i know i certainly do. Even on vec c with a time delay of 10 mins is up and windows no longer work, you can reactivate it by opening the drivers door.

Comment

mcpitman, on 16 May 2014 - 09:35 PM, said:
                My windows have no power without the keys in the ignition. Only noticed today after seeing your post.

Odd, my 04 vec c ones would work after the??keys were taken out.

59 plate sri 160, btw.

Thanks for pointing out something that will annoy me now, ...

I found this out on the second day of my siggy ownership. I think they have fixed this issue on the facelift siggy.

Comment

I can imagine it would be a safety issue if you leave small kids in the car. I would definitely prefer mine to stop working when the keys are out.

Comment

Fair point. I'm not talking about leaving them for any length of time. Just long enough for me to get my paper and them to trap their heads or hands!!!

Comment

N44SRX, on 21 May 2014 - 06:37 PM, said:

Mine work with key out of ignition UNTIL a door is opened. 2012 elite.

Ditto - 2009 Elite.

Comment

I got used to mine now, stick the key in to open the windows.

Comment

InsigniaNewbie, on 08 August 2015 - 12:03 PM, said:
                          dunno if this will help guys, but this is how I do it if I forget the windows are open and I am at my front door and cant be asked to go back and put the key back in. Hold the lock button down on your keypad towards the car for about 6 seconds and all windows will go up, if you want to open all windows the hold the unlock button down for about 6 seconds and all windows will open up to the point of you letting go of the key.

That works as long as you have 4 electric windows. If you have manual rears it doesn't work.

Comment

Working...
                          X