Air Con smelling strange

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Air Con smelling strange

Yep - i doesn't seem to pay for keeping the AC off nowadays.??It doesn't use too much fuel or effect like it used to do in the good old days, so it's probably more economical to keep it on - or permanantly off (assuming you never want to use it again!)

If your air con smells get it sorted asap. The smell is mould which if you inhale the spores is bad for your health. Filter change and air con cleaner. Will coat about 15 quid if you do it yourself

Comment

Just to add the pollen/cabin filter is made by Mann so you can pick one up for about ?11 from eurocarparts. I don't know what VX charge for one, but I bet it is more than that!

Comment

Unless I'm blind, that is not made by Mann. Whilst it is more than up to the job, some people may like to have exactly what vauxhall use.

Comment

Vx replace the cabin filter at the 2nd yr service. They were going to replace mine but I told them not to as I had done it myself a few weeks before the service was due. They lowered the service price by a fair bit

Comment

The mann filters I find are crap compared to what vx use

Comment

smig64, on 10 June 2014 - 08:29 PM, said:
              so were does the air con cleaner go into
              its in an aerosol, run aircon on full for few minutes,put the tin in car, set it off with everything still on then shut the door,it supposed to clean system out
              ​2015 Sri vx line nav Biturbo . Sri heated leather.5500k AFL . Vx line 20s,8inch LCD dash .FLEXride.Reverse cam.Irmscher grill.235hp and 480 torqs.30mm lowering springs.20mm H&R spacers all round. Mtec drilled discs on rear,VXR 355mm drilled on front,with Brembo 4 pot calipers. Auto wipers .VX puddle lights.Carbon effect black roof wrap.Irmscher roof spoiler.Irmscher side skirts.

Comment

Before
                ​2015 Sri vx line nav Biturbo . Sri heated leather.5500k AFL . Vx line 20s,8inch LCD dash .FLEXride.Reverse cam.Irmscher grill.235hp and 480 torqs.30mm lowering springs.20mm H&R spacers all round. Mtec drilled discs on rear,VXR 355mm drilled on front,with Brembo 4 pot calipers. Auto wipers .VX puddle lights.Carbon effect black roof wrap.Irmscher roof spoiler.Irmscher side skirts.

Comment

Working...
                X