M32 gearbox oil change.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• M32 gearbox oil change.

Thought I would do this today and share,may help members if/when they do theirs:
    1st,Took the Siggy to warm up the oil.
    2nd,Jack up,support and remove n/s front wheel.
    3rd,10mm allen key or socket allen key to undo the drain plug.Oil tray placed under diff.
    4th,Remove filler plug on top of box,8mm allen key socket with extension.

Mines a petrol turbo,no need to remove battery cover,battery or battery tray,Diesel members will have to remove these for access to top filler.

5th,Let the oil drain out,left for a good 15mins,make a brew!.
    6th,When oil stops dripping,clean area around drain plug.Clean drain plug and I applied thread sealer to threads to be safe.Tighten drain plug.
    7th,Fill box slowly with Fully Synthetic 75w 90 oil.Filled with a total of 2.2 litres.
    8th,Thread sealer again on top filler plug,fit and tighten.
    9th,Fit wheel.Remove axle stand and jack.Tighten road wheel m22 nuts to 150nm.
    10th,Take for a run,check for leaks,gear change a lot smoother,job done.
    https://www.flickr.com/photos/157188...posted-public/ Filler plug as seen from above near battery.
    https://www.flickr.com/photos/157188...posted-public/ drain plug marked white on diff housing. Thread sealer applied to both plugs.
    Hope this helps other members.
    Last edited by Howy; 22-02-2021, 09:07 PM. Reason: pic missing
    Insignia Elite 16T,Royal Blue non Nav. + added,
    Heko Wind Deflectors,Alloy Pedal Covers.Led full Interior,Polished Alloy Door Pins,Osram Diadem Opel Rear indicator Bulbs,Led Reverse Light Upgrade,Gear Surround Red Leds,Led reg plate lights,Nighteye Fog lamp Bulbs,Osram Night Breaker Laser Cornering Bulbs,Rear Sunblinds,Nextbase 522GW front/rear window cam,upgraded front speakers,SS Exhaust,6000k Xenon Bulbs,Thinkdiag Diagnostic Tool

Good right up [emoji1303]

sigpic

Comment

many thanks Howy,
      an excellent write up.
      Chris

Comment

Lucky sod,,yesterday I had to strip a **** load of stuff off to access the filler plug
        ​2015 Sri vx line nav BiTurbo . Sri heated leather.5500k AFL . Vx line 20s,8inch LCD dash .FLEXride.Reverse cam.Irmscher grill.235hp and 480 torqs.30mm lowering springs.20mm H&R spacers all round. Mtec drilled discs on rear,VXR 355mm drilled on front,with Brembo 4 pot calipers. Auto wipers .VX puddle lights.Carbon effect black roof wrap.Irmscher roof spoiler.Irmscher side skirts.

Comment

What gearbox do i have?? 2014 facelift insignia 2.0cdti bi-turbo currently at 34k miles.
          Thanks in advance

Comment

Originally posted by gurdip View Post
            what gearbox do i have?? 2014 facelift insignia 2.0cdti bi-turbo currently at 34k miles.
            Thanks in advance
            f40 ��
            ​2015 Sri vx line nav BiTurbo . Sri heated leather.5500k AFL . Vx line 20s,8inch LCD dash .FLEXride.Reverse cam.Irmscher grill.235hp and 480 torqs.30mm lowering springs.20mm H&R spacers all round. Mtec drilled discs on rear,VXR 355mm drilled on front,with Brembo 4 pot calipers. Auto wipers .VX puddle lights.Carbon effect black roof wrap.Irmscher roof spoiler.Irmscher side skirts.

Comment

Originally posted by exclusiv. View Post
              f40 ��
              Worth doing a oil change Dave?

Comment

It wouldn't hurt it mate,,mines on 47k and oil was pretty black

Comment

Mines on 110k miles think i should give it a change

Comment

Hi all,just to add after the g/box oil change last w/end.been out today 'visiting' family and the g/box seems smoother and nice gear changes,worth doing.
                    Heko Wind Deflectors,Alloy Pedal Covers.Led full Interior,Polished Alloy Door Pins,Osram Diadem Opel Rear indicator Bulbs,Led Reverse Light Upgrade,Gear Surround Red Leds,Led reg plate lights,Nighteye Fog lamp Bulbs,Osram Night Breaker Laser Cornering Bulbs,Rear Sunblinds,Nextbase 522GW front/rear window cam,upgraded front speakers,SS Exhaust,6000k Xenon Bulbs,Thinkdiag Diagnostic Tool

Comment

Gotta agree with ya on this Howy,
                      Mine seems ‘smoother’ after a flush and refill...[emoji106][emoji106]

Chris

Comment

Worth doing,must remember to make a note of the date and miles on mine!

Comment

This is really useful mate - I'm going to attempt to do mine on a 09 Plate 1.8 petrol - its done 93k and i doubt its ever been done
                          Is there a specific brand of gearbox oil i should go for ?
                          cheers

Comment

Hi mate a good 75w90 fully synthetic oil, Fuchs was the one I sed,but a good motor factor will have other makes in stock.

Comment

I know I'm new here but i would like to add a simple step.

I did a similar write up on Vec C.com.... if i may be so bold.

DO NOT DRAIN THE OIL until you have loosened the filler bolt. If, and it has happened, that the filler bolt is seized you are stuffed.

Comment

Working...
                              X